International Football General Chat

villa4europe

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah it's probably most interesting story around in international football, always nice when we get 1-2 new teams at world cups rather than same nations from all continents.

As Rev says above they have some very decent players.....Alphonse Davies, Larin and Jonathan David all good in europe, Holliet had some good spells of form in premier league and made up for Atiba Hutchinson who's been a solid player for PSV and Besiktas over last decade and will play in world cup at nearly 40.

Depends on draw but they won't be whipping boys unlike say Panama at last world cup from Concacaf although will use this tournament more for experience and have a better go in 2026 which will be very exciting with them hosting games.

They could be a tricky draw for anyone. They hadn’t event qualified for the group they came out of, third round qualifying - until qualification for France ‘98. They absolutely pissed this. Mexico and USA probably thought they were a soft touch. They won’t anymore. 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Only 250 Swedish fans instead of 2500 was allowed to buy tickets for the game in Poland tonight due to an "error". Top level shithousery by the Polish FA :D 

Incredible.

Will be a good game, it's a very 50/50 type of a match.

Just now, Mic09 said:

Incredible.

Will be a good game, it's a very 50/50 type of a match.

I've no real insight into the Polish side apart from the obvious stuff. The Swedish side is a mess thou with injuries, out of form players and "stars" not playing for their club sides.

Central midfield for Sweden is a joke.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I've no real insight into the Polish side apart from the obvious stuff. The Swedish side is a mess thou with injuries, out of form players and "stars" not playing for their club sides.

Central midfield for Sweden is a joke.

I have no insight into Swedish football but one thing I can tell you about polish football is that we are likely to disappoint. Zieliński will be not visible, Góralski will get a red card, Bereszynski shouldn't play on the left side.

Thank God Bielik is playing, he will be the one to watch and likely to get a good transfer in the summer. 

Just now, Mic09 said:

I have no insight into Swedish football but one thing I can tell you about polish football is that we are likely to disappoint. Zieliński will be not visible, Góralski will get a red card, Bereszynski shouldn't play on the left side.

Thank God Bielik is playing, he will be the one to watch and likely to get a good transfer in the summer. 

I hear that guy at Bayern is pretty handy as well

Watkins run…offside…

At least Southgate is getting a realistic insight into him. 

Also just let the ball bounce in the area and lost it rather than challenging for it. I honestly just don’t get why anyone thinks he’s any good. I’m conscious that I criticise him a lot but he’s always earning it. 

Edited by Spoony

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sterling captain in that lineup, is there a class system at the camps?, numerous Captains there to choose from. 

One of the most capped  players? What’s wrong with Sterling as captain? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Watkins run…offside…

At least Southgate is getting a realistic insight into him. 

Also just let the ball bounce in the area and lost it rather than challenging for it. I honestly just don’t get why anyone thinks he’s any good. I’m conscious that I criticise him a lot but he’s always earning it. 

Bellingham pass was way too slow tbf

Â