International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Bizarre from portugal to not just focus on beating Ireland, which they could have easily done. Only have themselves to blame. However I'm sure the qataris want CR7 at their world cup so whoever draws them in the playoff will be playing against them and the ref and FIFA. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

Watching Cash play for Poland. Very involved and playing well other than one dispossession in a bad area. Must be a Villa thing.

Then absolutely smashed someone through the back and was lucky not to be sent off :D

Just now, Zatman said:

Italy heading for the playoffs too. Need 2 goals now 

Northern Ireland done a great job nulifying them tonight, very few away teams win by more than a goal in Belfast so not really shocking me.

Are Italy even going to be seeded for play offs if they end up on 16 points? I mean Scotland get 23 points if they win so that would mean they'd be ahead of Italy if I've read the criteria correctly.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Northern Ireland done a great job nulifying them tonight, very few away teams win by more than a goal in Belfast so not really shocking me.

Are Italy even going to be seeded for play offs if they end up on 16 points? I mean Scotland get 23 points if they win so that would mean they'd be ahead of Italy if I've read the criteria correctly.

Swiss had one disallowed so just one for Italy now

Scotland will be seeded but Sweden or Poland will drop out

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Swiss had one disallowed so just one for Italy now

Scotland will be seeded but Sweden or Poland will drop out

Could be Italy-Sweden again, they completely did Italy in 2017 but again Italy are stronger than in those times.

I think they'll scrape though, can see Portugal getting knocked out though.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could be Italy-Sweden again, they completely did Italy in 2017 but again Italy are stronger than in those times.

I think they'll scrape though, can see Portugal getting knocked out though.

depends the draw, it seems its a semi final then final event in space of 5 days. Russia were dreadful yesterday and seem to be the top seed at moment.

I think Italy/Swiss and Portugal would be the grouping to avoid

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Scotland won't have 23 towards this count though, not fair as some groups have different numbers of teams. I do think Italy will be seeded, however.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

Scotland won't have 23 towards this count though, not fair as some groups have different numbers of teams. I do think Italy will be seeded, however.

Portugal, Scotland, Italy, Russia are confirmed seeds

2 spots between Sweden, Poland, Wales and the 2nd team in Netherlands group

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Portugal, Scotland, Italy, Russia are confirmed seeds

2 spots between Sweden, Poland, Wales and the 2nd team in Netherlands group

I'd fancy Scotland to beat any of Austria, Finland, North Macedonia way they're playing so seeding is huge for them. Not so great for Wales if they don't win tomorrow night. They'll actually be hoping for Scotland as away game compared to all other options (as playing in Russia is never easy).

Some really good play off match ups in store anyway. Think Italy will scrape through but think Portugal in big danger of going out.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd fancy Scotland to beat any of Austria, Finland, North Macedonia way they're playing so seeding is huge for them. Not so great for Wales if they don't win tomorrow night. They'll actually be hoping for Scotland as away game compared to all other options (as playing in Russia is never easy).

Some really good play off match ups in store anyway. Think Italy will scrape through but think Portugal in big danger of going out.

yeah its some potentially good games. I can see Italy, Portugal and Russia been separated for the finals

Kind of relieved Norway crashed out. Would be kind of shit for them to finally qualify again only to be in a tourny I won’t be watching. 

Edited by El Zen

Â