International Football General Chat

villa4europe

1 minute ago, sne said:

No, just more of the same. Been like this for a couple years now.

Playing style looked very old fashioned when I watched them in the Euros.

But then again I have no idea if Sweden got the players to play expansive football and get results.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Portugal are absolutely Portugaling the Irish - never has a nation been so committed to cheating.

Ireland more than holding their own, patience with Kenny looking like it has paid off. Ogbene looking dangerous too, we were linked with him years ago from the time he was with Limerick.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Playing style looked very old fashioned when I watched them in the Euros.

But then again I have no idea if Sweden got the players to play expansive football and get results.

It's a pretty basic 4-4-2 where players work hard and stay in position. Chances are created by individual action rather than tactics and if Forsberg or Isak has a day off like today then it looks really poor.

Created enough to win this one easily but you'd expect that against a nation ranked about 100th in the world. Zlatan was probably the best Swedish player but that's not saying much.

Squad s not great but should have the players ideally suited to a 4-3-3 apart from at RB perhaps. 4-4-2 means we never control the midfield.

6 hours ago, sne said:

I'm so sick of this 4-4-2 with CM's who are never in the game and wide players who both rather play more centrally. He's been the manager for 5 years now and we still rely on individual brilliance rather an actual idea when we attack.

Andersson really should have stepped down after the Euro's when all his favorite players retired. He's done OK but he's an analog manager in a digital world. He's a Volvo 740 "gråsosse" :D 

Sadly I'm not sure there are any candidates out there, at least not Swedish.

Nope Sweden were doing fine until bringing Zlatan back. Its a disgrace Janne brought him back when as a team they are better without him. Through away top spot tonight by this bizarre Zlatan lovefest

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nope Sweden were doing fine until bringing Zlatan back. Its a disgrace Janne brought him back when as a team they are better without him. Through away top spot tonight by this bizarre Zlatan lovefest

Nope, know you hate Zlatan but this has been the same for a while now.

13 hours ago, sne said:

I'm so sick of this 4-4-2 with CM's who are never in the game and wide players who both rather play more centrally. He's been the manager for 5 years now and we still rely on individual brilliance rather an actual idea when we attack.

Andersson really should have stepped down after the Euro's when all his favorite players retired. He's done OK but he's an analog manager in a digital world. He's a Volvo 740 "gråsosse" :D 

Sadly I'm not sure there are any candidates out there, at least not Swedish.

Definitely don't like the old 4-4-2 either but in Jannes defence it is a weak Swedish generation he have to work with. But time for change, not that I have any suggestions of who should take over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

Nope, know you hate Zlatan but this has been the same for a while now.

I dont hate Zlatan but he shouldnt be in the Sweden team. Last 2 tournaments they overachieved without him. Automatically comes back in and they lose the team work 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont hate Zlatan but he shouldnt be in the Sweden team. Last 2 tournaments they overachieved without him. Automatically comes back in and they lose the team work 

Should probably add that 5 players who have been guarantied starters in the last 5 years all retired after the Euros and that we are in a rebuild. Alexander Isak has been injured for a large part of this season, same with Augustinsson who's been injured and not played much since he moved to Sevilla, Kulusevski is out of form and has hardly played for Juve, and that we had 4 CB's missing.

Edit: Players are saying they were holding back due to 8 of them who started were on yellow cards and were afraid to miss the Spain game. Would be pretty pathetic if that was true.

The team has been playing terrible anemic football for a while now, with or without Zlatan. I'll give you that he certainly hasn't improved the team or excelled himself.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Zlatan doesn't play for Sweden, Sweden plays for Zlatan

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Little bit of fun - after around 15 minutes, it was Germany U21 0-3 Poland U21.  In the 19th minute, the Germans got reduced to 10 men.

I imagine they were overwhelming favourites for the game.

Yeah saw that. Haven't Germany had loads of covid cases so can only assume a few of the under 21 players been called into seniors and been left with a skeleton selection.

Â