International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Sweden absolutely dominated at home against Greece. 4-4-2 with Kristoffer Olsson in midfield and Emil Kraft at RB is just awful. Both complete non entities. Janne Andersson is a one track pony as manager and Greece should be 3-0 up.

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Poland match in Albania interrupted after the former scored and got absolutely pelted with bottles, and apparently the same happened during corners before that too.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sne said:

Sweden absolutely dominated at home against Greece. 4-4-2 with Kristoffer Olsson in midfield and Emil Kraft at RB is just awful. Both complete non entities. Janne Andersson is a one track pony as manager and Greece should be 3-0 up.

Comfortable Sweden win in the end of course....

That group is quite interesting. If I've looked at it correctly then Spain not winning away to Greece (home game was 1-1 and Greece probably playing their best in years) and Sweden win in Kosovo and Sweden go to world cup. Even play offs wouldn't be certain for Spain if they lose in Greece so that's going to be a big night next month.

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Comfortable Sweden win in the end of course....

That group is quite interesting. If I've looked at it correctly then Spain not winning away to Greece (home game was 1-1 and Greece probably playing their best in years) and Sweden win in Kosovo and Sweden go to world cup. Even play offs wouldn't be certain for Spain if they lose in Greece so that's going to be a big night next month.

It really wasnt, Greece dominated them and a crazy tackle/assault on Isak changed the game

Meant to say this yesterday but anyone else think that whenever there are international games, Eran Zahavi (Israel) seems to score?

Probably doesn’t but when I check the scores on BBC, his name always seems to appear.

No doubt it’s just me losing my marbles. 

30 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Meant to say this yesterday but anyone else think that whenever there are international games, Eran Zahavi (Israel) seems to score?

Probably doesn’t but when I check the scores on BBC, his name always seems to appear.

It's not you, he's the second highest scorer (Depay has one more; Zahavi has two more than both Lewandowski and Ronaldo, and three more than Haaland, Lukaku and Kane)

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He is a machine for Israel, he has 25 goals in last 3 years

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Sweden never wanted to go to Qatar anyway. For reasons.

I'm so sick of this 4-4-2 with CM's who are never in the game and wide players who both rather play more centrally. He's been the manager for 5 years now and we still rely on individual brilliance rather an actual idea when we attack.

Andersson really should have stepped down after the Euro's when all his favorite players retired. He's done OK but he's an analog manager in a digital world. He's a Volvo 740 "gråsosse" :D 

Sadly I'm not sure there are any candidates out there, at least not Swedish.

Â