International Football General Chat

villa4europe

1 hour ago, sne said:

Norway protesting for human rights (against Qatar) ahead of their game against Gibraltar.

Norska landslaget inför VM-kvalmatchen mot Gibraltar under onsdagskvällen

nice gesture, Yet I suspect they’ll happily play there in the finals. 

If they really felt strongly about it they should boycott the tournament all together. 

30 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

nice gesture, Yet I suspect they’ll happily play there in the finals. 

If they really felt strongly about it they should boycott the tournament all together. 

There is actually a pretty strong movement in Norwegian football to do so. Not that i think they will 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

There is actually a pretty strong movement in Norwegian football to do so. Not that i think they will 

To be fair. The way that WC was awarded, coupled with the human rights abuses should be enough for all international teams to boycott the tournament.

sadly money talks and every national football association will want to be there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

How bad are San Marino really? Like what level of football would they be playing at in England? Conference, lower? Pub?

Lower to pub I imagine, better to play 5 at the back with three right backs just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

How bad are San Marino really? Like what level of football would they be playing at in England? Conference, lower? Pub?

They have 3 players playing for Serie C clubs which is probably lower League 2 level at best. Trez would look like Maradona in this squad. Scotland pit 6 past them 

They are in red hot form as kept a first ever competitive clean sheet last time out 

I really like how the USMNT is going about things. Bringing in guys from all over and giving everyone their fair shot.

I think our future is very bright indeed with the likes of Pulisic,Dest,McKennie,Adams,Steffen,etc.

🇺🇸

• Like 1

An England U21 team with the thick end of half a billion pounds worth of talent on the pitch is one down to Switzerland with ten minutes left in the opening group game of the Euros. 

It'd be very England to crash out of the tournament without a point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

An England U21 team with the thick end of half a billion pounds worth of talent on the pitch is one down to Switzerland with ten minutes left in the opening group game of the Euros. 

It'd be very England to crash out of the tournament without a point.

They have a terrible manager. Boothroyd is Pulis without a baseball cap

Its criminal English football future is in his hands. Will probably replace Southgate since he did similar in 2015

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have a terrible manager. Boothroyd is Pulis without a baseball cap

Its criminal English football future is in his hands. Will probably replace Southgate since he did similar in 2015

It’s pretty ridiculous that England have Southgate and Boothroyd in these two jobs. At a time when we have pretty good squads at both senior and under 21 levels we have two of the most boring managers out there in charge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Sam Marino in some good form ahead of tonight’s game, 2 draws in their last 3 games.

They are such fans of Big Sam style of football they even renamed the country after him 😉

• Haha 1

Â