International Football General Chat

villa4europe

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Foden and Grealish in the same team would be some sight... Come on Gareth do the right thing in the Euros!

Best first touches in English football. Has to happen. Spain would have loved to have these guys to replace the old guard after World Cup 2014.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Best first touches in English football. Has to happen. Spain would have loved to have these guys to replace the old guard after World Cup 2014.

The control from Foden with the outside of his boot a few minutes back was absolute filth.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

The control from Foden with the outside of his boot a few minutes back was absolute filth.

Reminded me of Jack and reminded me how much I miss watching the mad lad play. Can't wait for him to destroy Fulham.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

turned on Sweden they are dreadful 2nd half, Mikael Lustig and Larsson were crap 10 years ago and still starting 

Those 2 and Granqvist (& Berg) were going to retire from the national side last year after the Euro's but decided to continue another year when it was postponed sadly. Neither are stand out players in the Allsvenskan but the Swedish manager trusts them.

• Like 1

pretty obvious Lingard, Bellingham and others just want a goal for themselves now the game is won, they arent even looking for passes......nobody has even passed once to Watkins lol.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

German team

Tyska landslaget stod upp för mänskliga rättigheter.

I’m guessing they went with English because the German phrase for Human Rights is a compound word with 37 letters? 

• Haha 3

Just now, sne said:

Those 2 and Granqvist (& Berg) were going to retire from the national side last year after the Euro's but decided to continue another year when it was postponed sadly. Neither are stand out players in the Allsvenskan but the Swedish manager trusts them.

yeah he took off Olsson who was better in midfield than Larsson. Its mental :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

what a cross by watkins.

That’s why he’s in the squad over Bamford. Ollie can play anywhere across the front line, Bamford not so much. 

Just now, The_Rev said:

That’s why he’s in the squad over Bamford. Ollie can play anywhere across the front line, Bamford not so much. 

Yep that's how I see it too, 3rd choice striker has to be at least a little different, Watkins with his ability to come wide and his pressing ticks that box 

Bamford is just more of the same with less quality 

Â