International Football General Chat

villa4europe

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are changing the rules again. Think will be 5 competitive games soon 

Guessing this is so that the likes of Qatar can be able to buy African and South American players?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not often you say this... He's got a better chance of games with Germany... 

Yeah, guess it depends on what position he ends up specializing at. Seems to have played in pretty much every midfield position in his cameos for Bayern. Still only 18.

Have very little knowledge about who is coming through from the youth ranks in Germany if I'm honest. 

There's always someone but it's a bit quieter

Theres usually always someone breaking appearance, goal and assists records but the latter are now sancho and Haaland rather than a German player, Wirtz could be another draxler / havertz

The bigger news is that they've got dortmunds 16 year old Moukoko in the u21s keeping him away from cameroon

Netz and katterbach at LB, adeyemi at Salzburg (expect him to do the leipzig transfer in a few years) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sne said:

Guessing this is so that the likes of Qatar can be able to buy African and South American players?

Its to stop players getting 3 minutes in a 9-0 over Andorra so they cant declare for other countries 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its to stop players getting 3 minutes in a 9-0 over Andorra so they cant declare for other countries 

I'm actually fine with players only allowed to play for one nation at senior international level. 

• Like 1

Apart from England, one game should be interesting tonight. Can Haaland break the senior international goal record of 13 against Gibraltar tonight? He's already got the U-21 record of 9 in one game. Odegaard, Sorloth and Haaland up top should scare any defense, let alone the firemen, policemen and taxi drivers of Gibraltar.. :) 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Apart from England, one game should be interesting tonight. Can Haaland break the senior international goal record of 13 against Gibraltar tonight? He's already got the U-21 record of 9 in one game. Odegaard, Sorloth and Haaland up top should scare any defense, let alone the firemen, policemen and taxi drivers of Gibraltar.. :) 

Maybe in the home game. Norway should win easily but its in Gibraltar where conditions arent great as very windy

Most they lost at home has been 7 to Germany and Poland when they played home games in Portugal

Edited by Zatman

I still think England will win the group but this is one of trickier groups in recent times. Hungary and Albania are tricky teams and Poland have an incredible attack 

Southgate will have the 8 defenders for that game

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I still think England will win the group but this is one of trickier groups in recent times. Hungary and Albania are tricky teams and Poland have an incredible attack 

Southgate will have the 8 defenders for that game

Its about time we played Poland in the qualifiers. That seemed  a permanent fixture in the late 80/ early 90s.

Plenty of puns for that fixture. Pole-axed, Poles-apart etc.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 21/03/2021 at 10:29, Zatman said:

So don’t declare for the nation that will only give you 3 minutes against Andorra then! 

It’s a players choice, if they choose wrong that’s their problem. I can stomach someone (Grealish) playing youth football for a certain country and then switching allegiance when it comes to the crunch but once you represent a country in a full international match then you should be bound to that country, in my opinion, with allowances for extraordinary circumstances of course (like Yugoslavia being broken up etc).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So don’t declare for the nation that will only give you 3 minutes against Andorra then! 

It’s a players choice, if they choose wrong that’s their problem. I can stomach someone (Grealish) playing youth football for a certain country and then switching allegiance when it comes to the crunch but once you represent a country in a full international match then you should be bound to that country, in my opinion, with allowances for extraordinary circumstances of course (like Yugoslavia being broken up etc).

I think its giving the players at 18 that cap to stop them playing is the issue when they dont really understand everything. Reading it through the change is if you play 3 or less qualifiers by the age of 21 you can qualify to change countries, which i think is fair enough

Spain capped Munir at 17 so he wouldnt play for Morocco and this seems to be the reason for the change, I think England tried do similar with Sterling, Zaha and Jenkinson at one time

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe in the home game. Norway should win easily but its in Gibraltar where conditions arent great as very windy

Most they lost at home has been 7 to Germany and Poland when they played home games in Portugal

Read they've already vaccinated whole population and are allowed fans in for tonight.

Â