International Football General Chat

villa4europe

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I still think England will win the group but this is one of trickier groups in recent times. Hungary and Albania are tricky teams and Poland have an incredible attack 

Southgate will have the 8 defenders for that game

Poland have a new manager and while I would normally say this is a routine England 3-0, there is talks of players being much further up the pitch to support Lewandowski.

In my opinion Southgate is a poor manager so I guess he might be caught out by the tactic change. 

But on paper, still an easy England win.

Milinkovic-Savic still can't get a start for Serbia I see. When people go on about that hybrid DM who's tall and can pick a pass and score a goal....he's your man really but seems Serbia never properly trust him for some reason despite him having years of good form for Lazio.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Milinkovic-Savic still can't get a start for Serbia I see. When people go on about that hybrid DM who's tall and can pick a pass and score a goal....he's your man really but seems Serbia never properly trust him for some reason despite him having years of good form for Lazio.

I think they were resting some players for the Portugal game later this week

14 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Apart from England, one game should be interesting tonight. Can Haaland break the senior international goal record of 13 against Gibraltar tonight? He's already got the U-21 record of 9 in one game. Odegaard, Sorloth and Haaland up top should scare any defense, let alone the firemen, policemen and taxi drivers of Gibraltar.. :) 

he didnt even get one. Overrated ;)  

ROI could do worse than start James Collins imo. Bit of a late developer (came through our youth set up years back) but had some good scoring for Luton in last 18 months and Wales had good success with playing a targetman in Kieffer Moore in last year.

Feels like ROI go wrong a bit just trying for speed with Calum Robinson and Connolly but neither can hold it up that well compared to Collins.

Â