International Football General Chat

villa4europe

• 3 months later...

It won’t happen because we’ll Southgate, but England have such an array of talent in the attacking mid position, that only one striker could be named in the squad. 

You could easily just have Kane as the only out and out striker. 
Then you have Jack, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Maddison, Barnes, Mount and Foden as attacking options. Even if Kane got injured you could play Rashford there, so whilst a bit harsh on DCL I’d prefer to have all the AM options there. 

A blind chimp could get England to the quarter-finals at the Euros. Semis should be minimum expectation.

We should be going for the win here. We can score a couple past anyone with this much attacking ability.

On 24/02/2021 at 12:15, Zatman said:

UEFA have called off the Euro Under 17 and 19 tournaments this summer for Men and Women. They must be close to announcing something for the main Euros

Rumours circulating today that they're going to change it to a single country to host it... and England will be that country

Just come to post the same 

Tancredi Palmeri reporting it

Personally I think it's a shit idea, it won't be the full tournament with the full buzz around it whilst at the same time probably knocking us back another 30 years before hosting it proper

If we do it then it should be under the provision that we're getting them out of the shit and we are rewarded with UEFAs backing for the 2030/34 world cup

Never been less hyped about a big International tournament than I am for this summers Euro's.

It was a shit idea to host it in 16 different countries to begin with and even thou that is obviously not going to happen now it will still be shit with few or no fans and players who will be exhausted and or injured.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Never been less hyped about a big International tournament than I am for this summers Euro's.

It was a shit idea to host it in 16 different countries to begin with and even thou that is obviously not going to happen now it will still be shit with few or no fans and players who will be exhausted and or injured.

16 dont be ridiculous, was just the basic 12 ;)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just come to post the same 

Tancredi Palmeri reporting it

Personally I think it's a shit idea, it won't be the full tournament with the full buzz around it whilst at the same time probably knocking us back another 30 years before hosting it proper

If we do it then it should be under the provision that we're getting them out of the shit and we are rewarded with UEFAs backing for the 2030/34 world cup

The way the World Cup is now that only 5 or 6 European countries can host it. England, Russia, Germany, France and maybe Spain and Italy. All of them have had World Cups since England

Think 2030 is going South America anyway

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'll give Uruguay one for the centenary, sounds like a joint effort with the argies

Then Morocco want one, there was a lot of noise around Turkey doing a major international tournament (part of how they ended up with this multi city mess) 

I think Uruguay and Argentina are at war with the federation as its scheduled for South America but Colombia want in and so does Chile

Copa America this year is in Argentina and Colombia which isnt exactly next to each other

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They'll give Uruguay one for the centenary, sounds like a joint effort with the argies

Then Morocco want one, there was a lot of noise around Turkey doing a major international tournament (part of how they ended up with this multi city mess) 

Knowing FIFA they'll award a world cup to Saudi Arabia soon enough. 

Maybe China?

Â