Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

14 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Probably to justify his mental sale of Gestede. "See, we've already got 2 strikers"

I think the manager needs to generate funds either for transfers or to free up wages. If that is the case then when you get an offer for what was the 4th/5th choice forward then you take it especially if the buying club were not prepared to wait until the end of the window for you to let the player go.

I also don't know when Bruce deemed McCormack as not being fit enough. Whether that was before Gestede left or over the three weeks since then.

It was also thought at that time that RHM was signing his new contract.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know if it was unintentional but Brucie hopping over his gate to let him have it also completely invalidated his excuse :crylaugh:

I wish there was CCTV of this! 

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

At least Brucey proved he could still get his leg over ;)

Afterwards he needed to replenish his energy with a healthy meal!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

It's this sort of attitude that sums up all that's wrong with modern day football. 

I know

But thats where we are.

Understandable from both sides

McC is a talented footballer probably very pissed off at how its gone for him. He probably thought - Great move, get promoted, PL here I come finally.

Then it all turns to shit.

From the clubs side, all this kind of stuff just has to stop happenening. Any sign of disrespect, unprofessionalism and bad influence has to be dealt with, with the ultimate consequences.

For me that should have already been dealt with through Richards & Gaby (possibly Bacuna too) out the door, before Ross came.

So it is what it is and we are f***ed either way.

One more we should be rid of who is still here.

Maybe its time to look at ourselves and ask the question "why does this keep happening to us?"

A divorce, especially when young kids are involved, can be quite stressful no matter who you are. I wonder if the move from London to Birmingham was a factor?

I think the best response would be to cut him some slack, and hopefully the club is prepared to provide support while he gets through this crap.

If he is stressing due to personal reasons, Ross at the moment is no good to us, and wont be any good for a club who comes in for him. Let him take the time off, he should be able to get through this, and when he does come back, he will come out firing to pay back the support he was given.

• Like 1

a further major issue is his age.

very few very exceptional strikers perform well in their thirties.(defoe, crouch).

there just isnt time now for him to regain whatever form may be left .

spending 12m was just insane. 

Bruce said this was the first time he'd spoken publicly about a player's attitude in 20 years.

There's clips of Robbie Savage on Youtube talking about the awful crap he pulled on Bruce when they were at Blues. Savage wanted a move away and by his own admission behaved badly. When you hear about his actions, his description is accurate.

It's Savage that's talked about it, not SB.

Given this, RM's attitude must be pretty bad to make SB feel as if he can talk about this so openly.

I doubt there's much to RM here except a terrible attitude. All of this leads me to believe SB is in the right here.

P.S

If divorce is a factor, then I cant comment.

I've never been divorced so I dont know how that effects people.

However, of what I've seen from divorcees, its not good

Edited by Grasshopper

Who knows what Bruce found when he doorstepped him?

It was bad enough for an experienced manager like Bruce to go public with it though. Would have been very easy to come up with an injury and give him a few weeks to get straight if he needed and/or warranted it. I trust Bruce's judgement. 

• Like 1

Just had a quick flick through a Fulham fan forum. 

They mainly think it's hilarious and would say to a man they are not interested in him returning,  which is rather damning when you think of the number of goals he's scored for them. 

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just had a quick flick through a Fulham fan forum. 

They mainly think it's hilarious and would say to a man they are not interested in him returning,  which is rather damning when you think of the number of goals he's scored for them. 

Well, they are doing a lot better without him (and Dembele for that matter) so if it's not broke why fix it?

2 hours ago, AJ said:

A divorce, especially when young kids are involved, can be quite stressful no matter who you are. I wonder if the move from London to Birmingham was a factor?

I think the best response would be to cut him some slack, and hopefully the club is prepared to provide support while he gets through this crap.

If he is stressing due to personal reasons, Ross at the moment is no good to us, and wont be any good for a club who comes in for him. Let him take the time off, he should be able to get through this, and when he does come back, he will come out firing to pay back the support he was given.

The land of make believe. 

• Like 1

If it is personal stuff that is the reason then I don't think Bruce coming out and saying what he did is very good on his part. Yes he is being paid a lot of money but this stuff should have been kept in house.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

How are people saying it's because of divorce? McCormack said he couldn't make it in because he was locked in his house. Has he changed his mind now or are people just guessing? 

Dr xia tweeted something about possible personal problems in Ross life.

Edited by Eastie

14 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

How are people saying it's because of divorce? McCormack said he couldn't make it in because he was locked in his house. Has he changed his mind now or are people just guessing?

Edited by Eastie
Double post

Â