Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

@Demitri_C We won't be hosting for a while anyway - 2026 would be the earliest World Cup (and I have a feeling that it will be 'gifted' to the US for their anti-corruption work with FIFA) so we could be looking at 2030 which is another 14 years away.

The next Euros will be very interesting, considering its spread across the whole continent (great idea Platini, just beautiful!).... that will be a nightmare situation to police and require huge co-ordination between countries intelligence (we may not even be part of the EU by then, which would make the logistics even harder!)

As for the next WC in Russia - fans will disappear into their penal system quicker than rooney's hairline. I will most certainly not be attending.

It's gutting though, my lad turned 10 today and I would have loved to have taken him across to France to experience, what should be a fesitval of football. I wouldn't consider taking him to a tournament now.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

No trouble?

I rest my case.

No doubt videos will appear showing English people tossing coins to  children and this will expose our "sinister" hooligan element.

Wow give them a medal for not fighting in one game. In fact lets give them a knight hood

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow give them a medal for not fighting in one game. In fact lets give them a knight hood

There was trouble.

At least 36 people have been arrested in Lille following clashes between French police and football fans at the Euro 2016 tournament.

French police said the arrests had been made throughout Wednesday - adding that 16 people had been taken to hospital.

On Wednesday night, riot police used tear gas and charged at hundreds of England fans, as flares were set off.

On 6/16/2016 at 10:06, theboyangel said:

It's a crying shame, that after years of decent support (with admittedly, the odd flashpoint here and there) Engerland fans have regressed into a tribe of yobs. It's pathetic.

I know they've been targeted by the Russians over the first week of the tourno due to our 'proud' history of hooliganism but a section of the fans now appear to want to live up to that reputation.

I hope every chair chucking, bottle throwing, racist chanting nob over there (be it English, Welsh, Russian or whatever) gets banged up, loses out on a shed load of cash they've spunked going over there and banned from watching live football.

I find it utterly embarrassing and makes me hate the beautiful game.

Yes, clearly it's hardly a 'small minority' of English fans engaging in this sort of behaviour, very much a 'large' minority, and I'm being charitable here.

• Like 1

I lost a lot of sympathy I had after watching Collymore's video, which was basically a couple of thousand scumbags roaming the street trying to find some russians to intimidate, then acting the victims when they got tear gassed.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

There was trouble.

At least 36 people have been arrested in Lille following clashes between French police and football fans at the Euro 2016 tournament.

French police said the arrests had been made throughout Wednesday - adding that 16 people had been taken to hospital.

On Wednesday night, riot police used tear gas and charged at hundreds of England fans, as flares were set off.

oh dear @Butterfingers

Danny Dyer's real football factories is a great watch for a laugh...and yes, it does seem to be sad, 50 something ,balding men angry at the world for the fact they live in a council flat and have an ugly wife.

The sooner this generation **** off the better.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

The 'vast majority’ of supporters just go to enjoy a game of football. It needles me that so many England fans get tarred with the same brush on social media and forums because of the behavior of some drunken thugs. Yes England fans, like other countries, have their fair share of mindless idiots. But it is those same idiots who get followed around by journalists desperate to photograph or record any incident that generates ‘click bait’.  People just eat it up.  Now we have the arrest figures, but is anyone surprised given the toxic atmosphere created in Marseille or the zealous policing.  I am not justifying the actions of drunken supporters who go around vandalizing property, insulting locals, throwing bottles and looking for trouble in retaliation to what happened in Marseille, they deserve everything they get. But it is equally wrong to throw everyone under the bus with sanctimonious stereotyping as if all England fans are like this - they are not.  It is just the cameras and headlines don’t talk about the many thousands of England fans who are behaving as they should.

Edited by Gary Thomas

2 hours ago, BOF said:

EDIT : Never mind. I quoted a BBC article verbatim, but yeah I'm the one editorialising and/or making it up :thumb: 

Dont bother mate they could all have read and white face paint on and butterfingers would still probably say they were German or Swedish

2 hours ago, sne said:

Inception 2 filming in France?

Germany vs Poland I assume?

I thought it was just the English and the Russians. Oh and the French hooligan element attacking whoever, wherever. 

Don't get me wrong, there is a serious mentality problem with "Brits abroad". Football and beer only seem to heighten this problem. They go on a little jaunty with their mates to France or Germany or wherever and they act like they're invading the place rather than soaking up the culture, enjoying the beer and the atmosphere. Truth is, they're just little Britain rocket polishers. They're a stain on our nation, I'm horrified to be English at times like these. 

At the same time, they're not alone. They're just that bit more embarrassing. 

• Like 4

I'd still like to go to a World Cup, or the Euros one day, but one thing's for sure, when I do, I won't be hanging around with the massive group of drunken louts I've seen in some of these videos, and I'd think twice about wearing colours.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd still like to go to a World Cup, or the Euros one day, but one thing's for sure, when I do, I won't be hanging around with the massive group of drunken louts I've seen in some of these videos, and I'd think twice about wearing colours.

Best bet is to go to a World Cup staged a fair distance away - say like Japan and Korea. The more expensive and difficult it is to get there, the less chance you have of attracting the thug element. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Danny Dyer's real football factories is a great watch for a laugh...and yes, it does seem to be sad, 50 something ,balding men angry at the world for the fact they live in a council flat and have an ugly wife.

The sooner this generation **** off the better.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Â