Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

30 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

ClK-HWVWkAAVQx-.jpg:large

Seems like he clearly has a broken wrist and clear damage to his left eye. 

Why are the fire marshals Not wearing the correct PPE for tackling flares, fire crackers etc. 

Goes to show the Organisers can't even prepare and organise there own staff, so how the bloody hell they supposed to cope with thousands of drunken nut cases. 

Shambles of a set up, How Not To Cat Comes To Mind!

Was in the main square with loads of Croatians earlier, it was amazing I'll post some pics when I'm back, they were nuts, loads of flares loads of smoke bombs, fireworks...but no trouble, even saw a few Croatians trying to get the Czechs to join in with them, in English "come celebrate with us you'll be fine" there were a good 5k Croatians and about 1k Czechs everyone having a laugh

england play here Monday, can already tell you the difference, absolutely nothing was thrown, no plastic pint glasses went up in the air

no surprise with Croatia today, the fans are pissed of with their FA that it was inevitable. they had a friendly recently in Osijek because Zagreb and Split combined against FA

11 hours ago, villakram said:

Chuck 'em out. Pulled loads of crap during quali too, e.g., swastika burned into the pitch prior to the Italy game.

As it happens a report I read this morning said prior to the game 3 Spanish 'ultras' were arrested for possession of neo-nazi banners, and another 3 for trying to smuggle flares in. 

Maybe been posted before but the history behind the Croatian fans protesting and fighting among themselves is because of widespread corruption and one club (Dinamo) basically running Croatian football on their own using mafia methods.

It's Zagreb vs Split,

Right wing vs Anti fascist 

It's national politics on an international stage.

This "protest" was as planned as our Out the door on 74, there where even articles in the Swedish papers earlier in the week about Croatian fan planning to ruin things for their national side at this game. 

Croatia is (when it comes to football at least) completely divided, the Barca vs Madrid thing in Spain is nothing compared to what's happening there.

I'm sure other here know in much more detail what is really happening, but if it's any consolation (it isn't) I don't think any fans from other countries were in danger this time.

Could have ended very bad for the poor steward thou.

Should they be throw

Edit: The plans for the attack was leaked on Reddit & Facebook before the game.

Crowd Disturbances

The biggest story to emerge from the football world today was the drama that occurred in the match between Croatia and the Czech Republic. Crowd disturbances held up the game for several minutes.

With Croatia winning 2-1 in the dying minutes, their fans inexplicably acted out. Mark Clattenburg stopped the match while several flares were thrown onto the pitch. There was also reportedly fighting in the stands.

Related: Why Croatia fans sabotaged the match vs Czech, plus reaction to mayhem [Tweets]

Croatia Ultra Plan

A screenshot has emerged on Reddit showing that the Ultras responsible for the mayhem previewed it earlier today. Two hours before kick-off Torcida Split 1950 posted a picture of a blueprint of the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard. It showed where ultra groups would be situated around the stadium and what they would attempt. See it below.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/croatia-ultras-match-sabotage-blueprint/

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Was in the main square with loads of Croatians earlier, it was amazing I'll post some pics when I'm back, they were nuts, loads of flares loads of smoke bombs, fireworks...but no trouble, even saw a few Croatians trying to get the Czechs to join in with them, in English "come celebrate with us you'll be fine" there were a good 5k Croatians and about 1k Czechs everyone having a laugh

england play here Monday, can already tell you the difference, absolutely nothing was thrown, no plastic pint glasses went up in the air

I think letting flares and fireworks off in streets is shocking IMO.

17 hours ago, limpid said:

Usual rules. Played fixtures stand, remaining fixtures would be a 3-0 defeat for the defaulting team.

Another reason why a team won't ever get kicked out. There is no fair way of re-arranging the group.

If Wales were to get kicked out tomorrow and Slovakia were to beat us, we would finish 3rd behind Russia, who would have a better goal difference than ours by virtue of a result/game that wasn't even played. If Wales were to be handed a 3-0 scoreline then so should the other 2 teams in the group.

I had always thought that the games involving the kicked out team would become void but this would still impact 3rd place as YLN said.

Just do the same as they do in qualifying. The groups aren't balanced and there's also a "best 3rd place team" table. If Croatia are kicked out, void all of their results, then for the 3rd place table, you just ignore all results against 4th placed teams. If the only team you've managed to beat was bottom of your group, that's your own fault.

Or just don't kick them out. Don't punish an entire nation to such extreme lengths because of the actions of a few idiots. I wouldn't want to see it whether it be Croatia, England or Russia. 

Try policing your stadiums properly. If you can't handle it, bring more police in from England, Germany, Spain, wherever. Worst case ban their fans from the stadium, refund their tickets. It's a shame, but it's better than the alternative.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Try policing your stadiums properly. If you can't handle it, bring more police in from England, Germany, Spain, wherever. Worst case ban their fans from the stadium, refund their tickets. It's a shame, but it's better than the alternative.

I just don't see France and UEFA admitted they have done a terrible job so far and simply aren't up to it. Croatia will get a slap on the wrist. Nothing will change.

27 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I just don't see France and UEFA admitted they have done a terrible job so far and simply aren't up to it. Croatia will get a slap on the wrist. Nothing will change.

Regardless of whether they have admitted it or not, the policing and security in general has been utterly appalling. UEFA want to distance themselves from what has gone on outside of the stadiums so that is down to the French entirely. The problems inside the stadiums are also down to the French however UEFA are still accountable as there had to have been some stipulations on crowd segregation and searching fans entering stadiums. You have to hand it to the police in this country-They really do a good job controlling fans. Marseille would never have happened in this country and the first sign of flares would have ensured searches of everyone entering the ground thereafter.

• Like 2

I actually think the Premier League does a better job of having a Police presence at grounds than the whole of this tournament.  It's been poor from France imo.  Especially with the terrorist threat. 

• Like 2

Kicking off in the stands before the Hungary - Iceland game atm.

Hungarian fans being word removed apparently.

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Kicking off in the stands before the Hungary - Island game atm.

Hungarian fans being word removed apparently.

Â