Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've never known a tournament with so much fan trouble

Euro 92 was pretty bad. Dutch, English and German hooligans ran riot. I stayed well indoors back then.

21 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Euro 92 was pretty bad. Dutch, English and German hooligans ran riot. I stayed well indoors back then.

Fair point but even that was 24 years ago, and this tournament is barely a week old. Hopefully things settle down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't they bloody search the fans before they go into the game for flares ffs??

They are the size of a roll of Mentos. Put one in your briefs and no one will find it.

19 minutes ago, Tegis said:

They are the size of a roll of Mentos. Put one in your briefs and no one will find it.

Surely someone would notice if his crotch suddenly quadrupled in size... 

2 minutes ago, V01 said:

Surely someone would notice if his crotch suddenly quadrupled in size... 

Have you seen Dem in the relationship thread? He must have a monumentos ****

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't they bloody search the fans before they go into the game for flares ffs??

When I was 13 (93) I went to a home game with my dad at VP . We parked up near Electric Avenue and started the walk . It was colder than I had prepared  for so dad got me his work coat out of the boot . It wasn't until half time that I reached into the pocket and found a large hole in the pocket seam. Further down through the whole i realised i was carrying about 15 boxcutter blades . 

Unless you have metal detectors, sniffer dogs and full body searches then things are going to get in the ground, no matter how hard you try .

Recently I got into VP carrying a pair of scissors and a set of screwdrivers in my bag. Accidentally of course. 

This was post November 13th. 

At the same time it's clear that there is a wider dereliction of duty going on in France. They just don't seem with it at all. It's not just one isolated incident, they have lost control IMO. 

Was at Ascot last week and was amazed at how lax the security was. Only searching picnics but not bags could have easily walked a gun or bomb in there which given the f upped world we live seems incredibly stupid to me. 

Ps to any of the ISIS supporting VTers do not take this as a piece of advice. 

Ps if writing the word ISIS has flagged me up to MI5 please do take this as advice and call Ascot to up the security. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Ps if writing the word ISIS has flagged me up to MI5 please do take this as advice and call Ascot to up the security. 

I'll let you know if they call. Unless they tell me I can't.

• Like 2

Was at the game tonight, more noticeable than the previous game I went to, the stewarding isn't bad it's absolutely non existent

during the national anthem bloke 3 rows behind me cracks off a flare, Albania score same bloke cracks off another flare... Not a steward in site, I haven't seen a copper in the ground at all, we got a message over the tannoy at half time about them having facial recognition technology in the ground and them prosecuting fans for it after the game, sounded like utter bollocks

then you add in the number of smokers, the huge number of fans who spent the whole game standing on the stairs and the concourse, at one point a bloke spent 5 minutes stood balancing on a handrail while leading about 3k people in a chant...stewards just look at them and do nothing...

i can remember being at Man city away and the bloke in front of me being ejected by police because they'd caught him on cctv drinking from a hip flask, here you're free to do anything you want, no ones watching no one cares

Â