Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

So why are flares not seen at English games with the same regularity that they are abroad? Is it that our security is better? Or, God forbid, that other nations fans aren't do squeaky clean either? 

Just a culture thing, I guess. You could sneak one of them in to any ground in the country if you wanted to. I don't even usually have my bag looked in when I go to Villa Park, maybe a third of the time.

• Like 1

Can you imagine the scene if a muslim(s) did this? Full terror alert and a parliamentary vote on who to bomb. Instead of "fans throw flares onto pitch in disgraceful scenes." --> "Terrorists throw explosives onto pitch; terror strikes at the European Championships."

Edited by villakram
  • Like 2

The "firework" was more like a mini bomb. That type of firework went off at a basketball game and a steward lost 4 fingers trying to remove it. The steward today was a second away from losing part or his whole hand. If he did not stop to point to his other stewards where the firework came from, he would have grabbed that firework before it exploded. I know this sucks for Croatia, but they have to be booted from this tournament. I'd say the same thing if it was a czech fan, english fan, or anyone else. That is a really dangerous explosive and showed people how easy it is to get dangerous items into stadiums. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

The "firework" was more like a mini bomb. That type of firework went off at a basketball game and a steward lost 4 fingers trying to remove it. The steward today was a second away from losing part or his whole hand. If he did not stop to point to his other stewards where the firework came from, he would have grabbed that firework before it exploded. I know this sucks for Croatia, but they have to be booted from this tournament. I'd say the same thing if it was a czech fan, english fan, or anyone else. That is a really dangerous explosive and showed people how easy it is to get dangerous items into stadiums. 

Kicking them out seems so unfair on the players and proper supporters when it's a few mindless idiots ruining things. They need to hunt down the people that threw them and give them prison sentences.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villakram said:

Can you imagine the scene if a muslim(s) did this? Full terror alert and a parliamentary vote on who to bomb. Instead of "fans throw flares onto pitch in disgraceful scenes." --> "Terrorists throw explosives onto pitch; terror strikes at the European Championships."

Think your stretching here, a considerable amount. They are being condemned from all angles as far as I can see, certainly being given no leniency due to their demographic. No denying there is sizeable amount of double standards and hypocrisy when it comes to that subject, from both sides, but this is by no means and example of it.

Also kicking out a team would play havoc with the third place qualification table as well. Does everyone just get a win against that team giving the team in third a big advantage, or does it become a three team group, putting the team in third spot at a disadvantage because they only get two games? They won't get kicked out. Maybe docking them points would be a way to go. 

19 minutes ago, villakram said:

What's your point? 

Edited by YLN

Have to be kicked out for that - they've got previous, and have been warned and fined (I think).

Violence in bars/streets is one thing (albeit unacceptable) and England and Russia have rightly been warned, but flares/explosives on the pitch whilst fighting in the stands is a whole new level.

5 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Kicking them out seems so unfair on the players and proper supporters; when it is a few mindless idiots ruining things. They need to hunt down the people that threw them and give them prison sentences.

I definitely agree it's unfair and yea it's just a group of idiots who are actively trying to get Croatia in trouble, but the problem is this isn't a one time thing. There are quite a few of these hooligans who are trying to disrupt matches, so even if the idiots who did this today are caught, there could still be more next match. Players, fans, and employees should fear for their lives at a F*ing football match. 

bye bye Croatia

that was thrown on the pitch close to people who were clearly picking up debris, they need to be made an example of

then somebody needs to have a quiet word with whoever is in charge of security and suggest they find a different career as of tomorrow morning

without wishing to be a drama queen, long long ago I was in a ground and saw somebody hit by a flare, they died, this is not about final warnings and last chances

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Also kicking out a team would play havoc with the third place qualification table as well. Does everyone just get a win against that team giving the team in third a big advantage, or does it become a three team group, putting the team in third spot at a disadvantage because they only get two games? They won't get kicked out. Maybe docking them points would be a way to go. 

What's your point? 

They'd just force the disqualified team to the bottom of the table I guess? 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

bye bye Croatia

that was thrown on the pitch close to people who were clearly picking up debris, they need to be made an example of

then somebody needs to have a quiet word with whoever is in charge of security and suggest they find a different career as of tomorrow morning

without wishing to be a drama queen, long long ago I was in a ground and saw somebody hit by a flare, they died, this is not about final warnings and last chances

Why don't they get army troops in doing some of the stadium security like checking bags, tickets, searches etc (Like London Olympics)? 

8 minutes ago, YLN said:

What's your point? 

How should we treat this?

I think it should be treated extremely seriously, but already you can hear the 99% of the fans are ok, a few bad apples etc. etc. etc. ... Croatia have significant recent history with this type of unacceptable behavior just like Russia. Do we keep giving one more time and you're out warnings? These countries need a push to enact the reforms that we had to do... or should we wait until life is lost again?

11 minutes ago, YLN said:

Usual rules. Played fixtures stand, remaining fixtures would be a 3-0 defeat for the defaulting team.

Â