Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

Or more to the point how can he tell that they're taunting them?

If its the video that I've seen, its a few young kids begging outside a bar and the English are all rolling coins towards them to chase and see who gets there first. The end of the video sees a few happy young kids with bags full of money.

Harmless acts of kindness turned into "They're a disgrace to our nation" You couldn't make it up.

7 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

If its the video that I've seen, its a few young kids begging outside a bar and the English are all rolling coins towards them to chase and see who gets there first. The end of the video sees a few happy young kids with bags full of money.

Harmless acts of kindness turned into "They're a disgrace to our nation" You couldn't make it up.

I agree with what you said but I have seen similar first hand when in Amsterdam to watch England. With what started as a homeless guy getting thrown a bit of change, having a dance and enjoying is moment of attention, it quickly turned into coins being thrown at him rather than towards him. Although as you say there is nothing showing that anything like this is was happening.

52 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm not in any way condoning any kind of behaviour and I've not seen the video, but how can you tell children in a video are refugees?

Watch the video that's all I say mate

27 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Ok so it's good to throw money violently on the floor for 4-5 year olds to pick up off the floor? If these fans are so kind as you say why not hand the money to the kids? Why throw in the floor like they are peasants.

kindness my arse

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok so it's good to throw money violently on the floor for 4-5 year olds to pick up off the floor? If these fans are so kind as you say why not hand the money to the kids? Why throw in the floor like they are peasants.

kindness my arse

Firstly, whilst it probably makes better reading for you to say "4-5 year olds", hey really aren't are they?

Secondly, having just watched the video again, everyone is rolling coins underarm, however 1 bloke does throw 2 coins overarm. He was aiming for distance. You've obviously focussed on that in your quest to find something bad to moan about. I'd say that if he meant an ill will, he would have hit one of the kids.

As for throwing it on the floor, I saw it as a bit of a game for the kids to chase the coins.

Try not to be so judgemental of people

And if anyone local to Brum wants proof of English ignorance, read the Birmingham Updates post about 5 (I believe) refugee families arriving in Brum a day or two (from facebook, not sure if he posts elsewhere). A majority of ignorant, hateful posts over welcoming/understanding ones. The comments from regular Brummies, many with AVFC in their profile picture or profile name, made me utterly sick.

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Icouldtelltheworld , that sounds like a copy and paste from the Guardian! (not a good thing!)

You don't like following England because of this? Well pretty much since 2000 following England you will be surrounded by Tarquin's from the home counties eating their prawn sandwiches. And this is why there is no atmosphere in the Premier League matches as well.

At least this clowns have some passion about their country. That said I'm not condoning them most as they are mostly idiots, but you've got to have passion in football.

If only a happy medium could be found.....I believe at club level that happy medium is the ultra scene which has gained in popularity in recent years. Non-violent, they just like to make lots of colourful noise. 

Edited by Holtern8

No I love supporting England, just wish i didn't sometimes feel marginalised by our support. Am aware my post sounds very Guardian liberal-lefty which is far from my views and intention. Just believe we need a serious conversation about why our support attracts almost the biggest group of idiots and we insist on antagonising others. Very hard to sound neutral with my view, and I believe the English fans have been **** over in France, but we won't get to the bottom of our problems unless we can accept that the English had a part in the disorder alongside the Russians, French ultras and discriminatory police.

Consider myself an England fan and hope you don't think I'm rejecting that, but hope you can understand given the video above and where my family is from that i sometimes feel uncomfortable. Hope I haven't insulted you and I hope England go as far as we can, but we have a long way to go to bury our demons IMO

and FWIW with my family being republican Northern Irish, and me being Birmingham born and raised I often feel uncomfortable with their view towards the English team/public/fans etc. Just for balance

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

8 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Firstly, whilst it probably makes better reading for you to say "4-5 year olds", hey really aren't are they?

Secondly, having just watched the video again, everyone is rolling coins underarm, however 1 bloke does throw 2 coins overarm. He was aiming for distance. You've obviously focussed on that in your quest to find something bad to moan about. I'd say that if he meant an ill will, he would have hit one of the kids.

As for throwing it on the floor, I saw it as a bit of a game for the kids to chase the coins.

Try not to be so judgemental of people

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about with your first sentence

Aiming for distance?? Wow really now your just clutching at straws. I "am obvious on a quest to find something to moan about" your hilarous, that is a absolutely ridiculous statement. England fans are so innocent aren't they again in more trouble last night so I think I wont give them the benefit of the doubt there.

A game now was it :crylaugh:some people just want to defend England fans even when they do disrespectful things. I don't know about you but if i see kids begging or a homeless person i don't throw coins at them I hand it to them. In fact when I was in Riga this child approached me asking me for money and instead of giving him money I went into Mcds and brought him a happy meal instead. Bit different to throwing money at kids like they are peasants and beneath you.

I can be as how i want thanks  

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

On the same basis how can you tell they are not?

I'm not claiming that they are not. You used the word "refugees" and I don't see how you can tell by looking at someone whether they are a refugee.

some videos describe them as refugees

some videos describe them as Roma

could just be kids

some people just see happy local children playing a safe mutually enjoyed coin tossing game with the nice harmless tourists out on a cultural exchange to assess the mood in europe ahead of casting their referendum vote

I'm edging more towards the first three than the fourth.

56 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm not claiming that they are not. You used the word "refugees" and I don't see how you can tell by looking at someone whether they are a refugee.

I would assume by the video title, neither me you or stevos cyborgs from mars know for sure if they are or not as we are not there. I am going based on what the video title was. if evidence says otherwise that they are not I am happy to put my hands.

But I dont agree with butterfingers point of view that this was innocent england fans being nice to little kids

It's a crying shame, that after years of decent support (with admittedly, the odd flashpoint here and there) Engerland fans have regressed into a tribe of yobs. It's pathetic.

I know they've been targeted by the Russians over the first week of the tourno due to our 'proud' history of hooliganism but a section of the fans now appear to want to live up to that reputation.

I hope every chair chucking, bottle throwing, racist chanting nob over there (be it English, Welsh, Russian or whatever) gets banged up, loses out on a shed load of cash they've spunked going over there and banned from watching live football.

I find it utterly embarrassing and makes me hate the beautiful game.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It's a crying shame, that after years of decent support (with admittedly, the odd flashpoint here and there) Engerland fans have regressed into a tribe of yobs. It's pathetic.

I know they've been targeted by the Russians over the first week of the tourno due to our 'proud' history of hooliganism but a section of the fans now appear to want to live up to that reputation.

I hope every chair chucking, bottle throwing, racist chanting nob over there (be it English, Welsh, Russian or whatever) gets banged up, loses out on a shed load of cash they've spunked going over there and banned from watching live football.

I find it utterly embarrassing and makes me hate the beautiful game.

Kiss our chances of hosting world cup any time soon goodbye. I just hope no terrorist attack occurs. The police are so busy dealing with these idiots that leave the country wide open for attacks

Â