Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Germany vs Poland I assume?

I thought it was just the English and the Russians. Oh and the French hooligan element attacking whoever, wherever. 

Don't get me wrong, there is a serious mentality problem with "Brits abroad". Football and beer only seem to heighten this problem. They go on a little jaunty with their mates to France or Germany or wherever and they act like they're invading the place rather than soaking up the culture, enjoying the beer and the atmosphere. Truth is, they're just little Britain rocket polishers. They're a stain on our nation, I'm horrified to be English at times like these. 

At the same time, they're not alone. They're just that bit more embarrassing. 

Good post DDID and is exactly how I feel about some of our inhabitants. I have been a regular visitor of Portugal over the last 12 years and they love to watch our football and love to talk about our football.  However, I also get the impression that the England reputation of being drunken idiots precedes us and they assume that I should be topless at all times and require ten pints.  Shame, but not surprising when we see some of the scenes in France over the last week or so.  As some on here quite rightly say, we don't see Portugal, Sweden, Iceland fans etc throwing chairs around French towns do we?

Edit: Excluding Croatia ;)

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Just seen the replay and that firework fired into the ground there is absolutely disgusting. Poor steward looked terrified, disgraceful scenes. 

EDIT: Looks like it was one of the flares exploding in his face rather than a firework

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Croatian fans fight with Croatian fans who cost the team a result today. 

Were you watching? They're kicking the shit out of each other in the stands.They threatened to throw Russia out, this is probably worse. 

Jesus, this tournament has been a shambles. And once again there wasn't a police officer in sight. France do not seem equipped to deal with any kind of disorder, they shouldn't be hosting a tournament like this. It shouldn't happen, but you have to plan to deal with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not watching the game but can't believe what happened.

What are the French security doing exactly?

FB_IMG_1466186049285.jpg

I can't believe that with the heightened terrorist threat, people are still able to get fireworks and flares into the stadium so easily.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I can't believe that with the heightened terrorist threat, people are still able to get fireworks and flares into the stadium so easily.

Steward could have lost a hand there 

Questions certainly need to be asked of the French authorities, they have been lacking in almost every department this tournament it seems. More disturbing though is the mentality of the perpetrators, especially given the current circumstances, do they not even have a base level of humanity or decency? 

• Like 1

I believe Croatian fans were already cited for fireworks before today so it'll be interesting to see what if anything UEFA do. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I have to say, I hadn't realised how small flares are, they're about the size of a pack of rolos...How do you keep that out without strip searching fans? 

That's a good point, I always assumed they were about the size of a can of Carling! 

So why are flares not seen at English games with the same regularity that they are abroad? Is it that our security is better? Or, God forbid, that other nations fans aren't do squeaky clean either? 

Â