Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just got to hope that Russian fans kick off in the ground at their next game. Doubt they will though.

Yes, its tonight.

Are they only interested in fighting the English or are they not so picky?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do the Russians have a particular problem with English fans? I've never know the rivalry before.

England is still seen as the great hooligan nation, the Russians have increasingly developed their own hooligan 'hardmen' image and fighting/beating the English is a prestige and dominance thing.

And there's some political stuff as well.

It's not really a rivalry.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It should have been in Paris in my view

Marseille is the second biggest city in France with nearly a million inhabitants.

There were a number of different reasons that contributed to the problems, but the game being held "in a small town" isn't anywhere on that list.

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Marseille is the second biggest city in France with nearly a million inhabitants.

There were a number of different reasons that contributed to the problems, but the game being held "in a small town" isn't anywhere on that list.

Yeah think your right got it mixed up with up the town for tomorrows game

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

England is still seen as the great hooligan nation, the Russians have increasingly developed their own hooligan 'hardmen' image and fighting/beating the English is a prestige and dominance thing.

And there's some political stuff as well.

It's not really a rivalry.

I know its wrong, but I want it to kick off tonight so they get kicked out.

Kicking them out is an empty threat. Disqualifying them sends the whole tournament into disarray, and they're not going to kick out the host of the next major tournament.

If there's more violence, at most they get another fine.

• Like 2

Stan has been broadcasting from the front line via periscope. England fans out for revenge it looked like to me chasing any sniff of anything Russian around the city in big numbers. Police stepped in at the end with their tear gas.

The journo's getting in the police's way too, including our Stan. 

51 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Stan has been broadcasting from the front line via periscope. England fans out for revenge it looked like to me chasing any sniff of anything Russian around the city in big numbers. Police stepped in at the end with their tear gas.

1 hour ago, Holtern8 said:

He's the new John Simpson.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen that video in.lille of a bunch of w ankers english fans taunting refugee children.

And they wonder why people want yo beat yhe English up. They are a disgrace to our nation.

I'm not in any way condoning any kind of behaviour and I've not seen the video, but how can you tell children in a video are refugees?

• Like 2

Â