Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I find it amusing that against Forest, he should've brought another midfielder on to see it out...

...tonight, he brings on another midfielder to see it out and he's being too defensive, shouldn't hold on to the lead like that. 

VT :crylaugh: 

To be fair, that isn't the full story.

We sat back for the entire second half. That's unacceptable at home, when we desperately needed a win.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

great to see a large contingent of the fan base has completely forgotten the absolute disgrace the team were only 3 months ago. Yes, there are legitimate concerns over how we are letting leads go, but **** me calling for him to be sacked? That's absolutely mental. Give the team a chance to get to know each other first. 

If we hadn't gone through five years of shit I'd agree with you but enough is enough - one more performance like tonight and its curtains for RDM

why does RDM think we can get away with playing fast football with 5 strikers against teams that have pack the midfield, mark well and build slowly.

The midfield is atrocious, Jedinak's legs have gone, Westwood and Gardener I would pay not to see in a Villa shirt again, Tish maybe good when not injured but it's a lot to hang all your hopes on a young midfielder. We loaned and flogged everyone else and didn't replace them.

This maybe hard to swallow but I don't think Elphick and Chester are that good a pairing either.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not convinced he knows his best formation let alone his best starting eleven.

We were outplayed in the second half St home to Brentford........just let that sink in.

No midfielders and lots of attackers in the wrong positions just doesn't work. Bad summer recruitment yet again

• Like 1

I still think RDM should be given another 5 games to turn things around. If less than 2-3 wins in 5 games, he is out.

I was hoping Pellegrini can come to Villa, but he clearly wants more money than what can be offered in this league. Who else is an option, guys?

What i don't understand is that he is playing all of our forward players at once. 

We started with FOUR strikers, seriously unbalanced..

He needs to put players in the rightful position and let them fight for their places. 

If our wingers are injured then play more narrower and go route one..

There needs to be some diversity in our tactics. 

The injuries hasn't helped, but we should have brought more central midfielders.

Most of us are hoping that Tshibola comes back with Jedinak but is that honestly a strong midfield?

We cannot have a midfield two with Westwood or Gardner, those players work in a three. Even if its Bacuna in that three..

Xia has RDM on a two year contract for a reason..

I just hate the fact that we keep chopping and changing managers.

Â