Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

While not something I condone I think he has 10 games before the clock starts ticking, should only lose 1 of the next 10 in my opinion, if we are to fight for promotion we need to put the ground work in now:

Brentford Home (WIN)

Ipswich Away (WIN)

Newcastle Home (LOSE)

Barnsley Away (WIN)

Preston Away (WIN)

Wolves Home (WIN)

Reading Away (DRAW)

Fulham Home (WIN)

Birmingham Away (DRAW)

Blackburn Home (WIN)

Been unlucky with the results recently, need to turn the dominance and chances into results. 

Not sure about only being allowed 1 defeat.........around 20 points from 10 games would be fine........that could be just 6 wins and 2 draws, 2 defeats. I reckon as long as the majority of those performances were ok too, and as long as the last 4 of those games weren't defeats,(i.e signs of a collapse) he'd be/we'd be fine, in other words even 3 defeats ok.  But I do think if we were to get only, say, 15 points from those games it might look a but grim for him.

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Do you actually watch our games or do you just wait for the table to update to conclude we're shit?

The table doesn't lie and neither do the stats. 1 win in 6, make it 7 if you include Luton. No away win for over a year. Football is a results game, playing well and not winning matches and playing badly and not winning matches is still the same **** outcome.  The results are simply not good enough for a team that has spent this heavily. 

35 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is that directed at me then? 

All I was saying was that judging a team over a whole season is the only way to decide who wins a league.

I'm not stupid enough to think that two wins means we win the league... Or stupid enough to think that the league table makes any difference after 6 games played.

No

not at you

I read some post along the lines of

"we're only 5/6 pts off team x, 2nd, or playoff places so 2 wins..............blah blah

If we 3 on the trot (9pts) we'll gain 0pts on maybe 1 or 2 teams above us 2pts on a further 2/3 teams.......and so on

so catching up wont be done with just a few good results.

My main point (on a previous post) was that we must start winning soon or we'll lose too much ground and have a mountain to climb with too many teams too many points ahead

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Perhaps you should open your eyes then. Look at performances from last year vs performances this year. We have absolutely battered many of the teams we have played this season. We have pretty much all new players. We have had bad luck and we have suffered from a lack of concentration and some unacceptable blunders, which we need to stamp out.

The forest game (and Huddersfield) we dominated and should have won. Luton in the cup was the second string of mostly last seasons players on their last chance to stay in the team. They didn't take it.

The atmosphere and ethos is different. Despite the negativity of people on here, the atmosphere at the ground is 100X better this season, the football is better, we are having shots on goal. They WILL start to go in.

Remember, we were an absolute disaster last season, and we could conceivably been in a relegation struggle this season. we will not be, we will be competing and challenging at the top.

Not sure where you think we have neglected? we have bought new and better players in every area of the pitch. There was too much to replace in one window and we did very good business.

We haven't bought new and better players in all areas. Goalkeeper position is an issue, we have not improved at right back, and the midfield is atrocious and light on numbers.

Injuries/Suspensions with Chester and Elphick and are are left with the Richards/Baker combo which is a terryfying thought.

We have 7 forward players.

Nottingham Forests two goals highlight exactly what's wrong with us and there are much better teams than them in this league.

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

The table doesn't lie and neither do the stats. 1 win in 6, make it 7 if you include Luton. No away win for over a year. Football is a results game, playing well and not winning matches and playing badly and not winning matches is still the same **** outcome.  The results are simply not good enough for a team that has spent this heavily. 

The fledgling league table? That, with victory tonight, sees us 3 points outside the playoffs? Would you take that with 6 games to go?

Just, for a second, look at the stats for the game as a whole and not just for the shoreline to prove to you that stats can mean **** all. What was it against forest, 26 shots vs 2? I know we didn't take chances, blah blah blah, but stats do lie right there.

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

The fledgling league table? That, with victory tonight, sees us 3 points outside the playoffs? Would you take that with 6 games to go?

Just, for a second, look at the stats for the game as a whole and not just for the shoreline to prove to you that stats can mean **** all. What was it against forest, 26 shots vs 2? I know we didn't take chances, blah blah blah, but stats do lie right there.

There is only 1 stat that counts and that stat showed we failed to win and threw away a lead yet again. We still have a losing mentality.  In fact yet again this season we lead the way in losing points from winning positions. Pretty sure we have been leading the way in that stat for a number of years. 

In answer to your other question the answer is no.  Being outside the playoffs after playing Sheffield, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Derby, Bristol, Nottingham and Brentford is not acceptable.

Edited by KHV

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

In answer to your other question the answer is no.  Being outside the playoffs after playing Sheffield, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Derby, Bristol, Nottingham and Brentford is not acceptable.

Nothing like the actual question I asked you, pal.

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Nothing like the actual question I asked you, pal.

My bad, outside the playoffs with 6 games to go. That wouldn't be acceptable either. A playoff place isn't an acceptable finish considering our spend. We should be relaxing with 6 to go 

Just now, KHV said:

My bad, outside the playoffs with 6 games to go. That wouldn't be acceptable either. A playoff place isn't an acceptable finish considering our spend. We should be relaxing with 6 to go 

But considering how shit we are and all the other negatives I read in here then surely that would be a remarkable outcome? I just think we can't win this season, with some people, unless we win the league by 20 points and that's insane pressure to be putting on ourselves and is detrimental to our chances.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

But considering how shit we are and all the other negatives I read in here then surely that would be a remarkable outcome? I just think we can't win this season, with some people, unless we win the league by 20 points and that's insane pressure to be putting on ourselves and is detrimental to our chances.

For the amount we have spent we should be right up there. I think more spending is required as we didn't do a particularly great job in the summer with what we bought

1 hour ago, KHV said:

For the amount we have spent we should be right up there. I think more spending is required as we didn't do a particularly great job in the summer with what we bought

To be fair, you've given the team a great chance to gel so I think you're completely right. It's been well over 5 months since we... oh no, wait!

11 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Right so Newcastle are pissing the title and making this shit quality league look as easy as it actually is whilst we despite spending a billion pounds are just above the relegation zone. We and indeed RDM, are a complete joke.

This is like getting a sex change and expecting to be banging bitches from day one. 

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

No

not at you

I read some post along the lines of

"we're only 5/6 pts off team x, 2nd, or playoff places so 2 wins..............blah blah

If we 3 on the trot (9pts) we'll gain 0pts on maybe 1 or 2 teams above us 2pts on a further 2/3 teams.......and so on

so catching up wont be done with just a few good results.

My main point (on a previous post) was that we must start winning soon or we'll lose too much ground and have a mountain to climb with too many teams too many points ahead

Fair enough, apologies for jumping to conclusions :)

Â