Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

My concern with the squad taking shape is balancing it.  Most of our attacking skill minded players are best equipped for central but supporting or withdrawn role.  Most of our midfield players are central.  

I wonder if we might put cissokho and de laet as fullback and amavi bacuna as wide midfield.  It's one of the few potentially good ways I see to create some width.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

RDM says we have 2 target men and are not looking at another. I hope he does not mean he is going with Kozak in Gestede's absence.

No i think he means we are looking for strikers that play off the target man or in old fashioned take....inside forwards.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

No i think he means we are looking for strikers that play off the target man or in old fashioned take....inside forwards.

Yes, and possibly attacking/creative midfielders. But he said we have 2 target men and not looking for another. What I am saying is that that must be Gestede and Kozak, and Kozak is just not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yes, and possibly attacking/creative midfielders. But he said we have 2 target men and not looking for another. What I am saying is that that must be Gestede and Kozak, and Kozak is just not good enough. 

Can't argue.....but there is only so much surgery you can do in one operation( window)......it has to heal(gel)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Can't argue.....but there is only so much surgery you can do in one operation( window)......it has to heal(gel)

Agreed. I think they have done very well. As well, or better, than I could have hoped for.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 21:24, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some people are cool with making the playoffs, but I am not sure If my heart could take it. lol. 

I could imagine us being in the final, 0- 0  at 75 mins, Elphick get's injured, replaced by Okore who proceeds to score an own goal in the 85th.

Ah but you left out that RDM then hooks Okore for Gabby in the 87th minute. Gabby gets the ball inside our half and dribbles past 3 or 4 opponents before using his pace to get 1 on 1 with keeper where he dinks over the top to take it to extra time......

(Your turn now)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ah but you left out that RDM then hooks Okore for Gabby in the 87th minute. Gabby gets the ball inside our half and dribbles past 3 or 4 opponents before using his pace to get 1 on 1 with keeper where he dinks over the top to take it to extra time......

(Your turn now)

In extra time all the players turn into chocolate bars and the crowd into ice cream. 

It begins to rain cornflakes and the sound of Simon and Garfunkels "bridge over troubled waters" can be heard in the distant background.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

In extra time all the players turn into chocolate bars and the crowd into ice cream. 

It begins to rain cornflakes and the sound of Simon and Garfunkels "bridge over troubled waters" can be heard in the distant background.

And then what ??????

24 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Yeah I used to do a fair bit of acid too back in the day B)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

RDM says we have 2 target men and are not looking at another. I hope he does not mean he is going with Kozak in Gestede's absence.

I was concerned too but must admit the comments that followed have plenty merit, that we can't change everyone.

I thought it interesting how he specifically said "two players for each position" - I know its generally the case but he specifically said so.

But he also said we are looking at "some signings".......

So it led me to think, well who, position wise ?

De Laet/Bacuna ; Okore/Baker/Elphick/Chester ; Cissokko/Amavi - (so Hutton/Lescott/Richards out, as hoped/expected)  ?!

Jedinak/ Westwood/Tish/Gardner

Grealish/Green (opposite side I know but..)

Gestede/Kozak

But......only 1 for the positions of Ayew and  McCormack (not counting Lyden and Davis)

So from that I will guess that most fans priorities of a wide/attacking MF and another striker are the 'some signings'.

Hope so..exciting if so.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:35, SirSteveUK said:

Not impressed with Moyes' work / words  at Sunderland - I think we dodged one there too

And Pearson isn't off to a great start at Derby (chortle, chortle) -  may be early doors - but perhaps RDM may have been the better choice

• Like 1

Pretty disgusted with the start he has made to be honest, it has been extremely poor and we haven't even played many of the so called 'top' sides. 

We are not creating enough chances in the box, we aren't clinical enough and for like three games in a row we have dominated the first half and been dominated in the second half. It's just not good enough at all.

• Like 1

He's going to be on a short leash with Xia - he has been heavily backed for a championship club, the team on paper is much much stronger than nearly all teams in this league.

Yet week after week we are seeing the same issues. 

1 win from 5, and only 5 goals scored is not good enough.

• Like 1

RDM needs more time.

The teams that we have played so far have been with each other for at least a year. This squad is still being built. 

i've always said to expect promotion this season is way above our reach at this moment. 

We have a new team, if we keep chopping and changing we are going to be like Leeds. 

Â