Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Regarding Ighalo.  I don't think this means he's worth £37.5m or that Watford think he's worth more.  I think Watford know they would struggle to replace him because they can't attract players of profile.  And with the new TV deal kicking in now, they don't need to sell.  I may be wrong, but for me this is Watford acknowledging that what they have in Ighalo is fully good enough and they're sticking rather than twisting, and short of a properly bonkers bid they're keeping their own.

£37.5m IS a properly bonkers bid for Ighalo.  I'm amazed they've turned that down - absolutely amazed.  But yes, probably TV money meaning they simply don't need the money.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Regarding Ighalo.  I don't think this means he's worth £37.5m or that Watford think he's worth more.  I think Watford know they would struggle to replace him because they can't attract players of profile.  And with the new TV deal kicking in now, they don't need to sell.  I may be wrong, but for me this is Watford acknowledging that what they have in Ighalo is fully good enough and they're sticking rather than twisting, and short of a properly bonkers bid they're keeping their own.

As some on here have already mentioned, Ighalo isn't all that great. If Watford were to sell him and reinvest that money they would have even more Success.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

But yeah Watford rejecting £37.5m for Ighalo is insane. 

They probably think they can squeeze more out of the Chinese team, since they have stupid amounts of money. Ighalo is just a decent striker and nothing more, only once in his career has he has scored more than 10 goals in a top flight league. Hardly worth £20m let alone close to £40m.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

21 hours ago, villakram said:

If he goes there it's just for the wages as there must be many better/bigger clubs across Europe interested in him.

Sad fact is Palace are now one of the richest clubs in Europe and obviously based in London. They can attract some quality there if they wish.

ben arfa joined PSG

gaitan to atletico

rudiger and el shaaaarrraaaaway to roma

volland to leverkusen

kramer to monchengladbach

gerhardt, guilavogui and bruma to wolfsburg

they talk about money being spent in the prem, the bundesliga has currently spent about £20m more