Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

2/3 years playing every week scoring 30 goals a season before getting a move as a starter to a mid table prem team or decent french club

got to be better than sitting on the bench of a mid table prem team and trying to break through

Amazing price.

With Redmond at 11m and Townsend at 12m we're talking 35m for three English players who couldn't even make the 23 man squad for the euros.

It wouldn't shock me if English players combined moved for about 200m this summer which is just laughable after what we have witnessed in last few weeks.

Townsend 12 mil sounds reasonable enough to be fair. Compared to like  nearly 50 mil for Sterling anyway, who haven't done anymore than Townsend.  Its the players now that are going for 30 mil plus like Mane to Liverpool that baffle me. If those players cost 30 mil how much would it cost to buy Bale back from Real Madrid now?

Edited by PaulC

Real Madrid reportedly fined £15m by the Madrid Council for receiving illegal aid regarding land in the past 20 or so years. Probably not too much of an issue for them.

Mendy signs for LCFC. so kante definitely off then?

Batshuayi confirmed by bbc. and Koulibaly linked there heavily aswell (lolwenger)

Arsenal linked to J-league player :D standard

Edited by gharperr

Mata to Everton for £20m+ and Arsenal sign Asano from Hiroshima. One would think that Wenger still has connections in the Japanese game, but at 21 you'd question whether he's been bought in to be the main man at Arsenal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

£21M seems cheap for Mata, Everton also supposedly offering £30m for Witzel, as well.

Jose obviously doesn't rate him plus, at 28, his next move (if there is one) will involve a much lower fee. Probably a good move for all parties.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

On 01/07/2016 at 23:16, villa4europe said:

a fair few papers reporting city bid £50m for john stones

:lol:

You know i asked the same question in the Euro thread last night, but if John Stones is a £50m defender, what would someone like Bonucci be worth?

Its such a stupid valuation. £50m defenders do not sit on a bench watching Gary Cahill and Chris Smalling getting pulled to peices by Iceland. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

You know i asked the same question in the Euro thread last night, but if John Stones is a £50m defender, what would someone like Bonucci be worth?

Its such a stupid valuation. £50m defenders do not sit on a bench watching Gary Cahill and Chris Smalling getting pulled to peices by Iceland. 

bonucci is 29. stones is 22. valuation of players often have longevity of future cb + future potential built into them. Doing like for like valuation comparisons doesnt seem right to me. Stones is nowhere near his peak

Edited by gharperr

2 minutes ago, gharperr said:

bonucci is 29. stones is 22. evaluation of players often have longevity of future cb + future potential built into them. Doing like for like valuation comparisons doesnt seem right to me. Stones is nowhere near his peak

Ok thats a fair point about the age. But i simply don't see how John Stones is a £50m player, or anywhere close in fact. Rapheal Verane is only 23, he is twice the player, and I think £50m would be stupid for him. Its probably the going rate these days but i just don't understand it. 

i haven't seen much of Stones but he's been linked to Barcalona and Chelsea, and when you consider that Everton have been linked with £15-29M move Scot Dann and I saw on here that apparently Tompkins is being talked about as a £12m player.

On 01/07/2016 at 23:16, villa4europe said:

a fair few papers reporting city bid £50m for john stones

:lol:

If I was Everton i'd bite their hands off! He looked garbage towards the end of last season. No doubt he has talent, but £50m?! 

• Like 2