Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Your username is very ironic 

I am being realistic-why would uefa switch venues in such a short time? They would have to refund I presume the turkish fa. Villa Park is not even up to standard to host such an event and there is zero time to get this ready in the unlikely event they change their minds.

Ripping up a global multi million pound contract before an event less than a  month away so that a few thousand fans could watch this live is a very naive assumption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am being realistic-why would uefa switch venues in such a short time? They would have to refund I presume the turkish fa. Villa Park is not even up to standard to host such an event and there is zero time to get this ready in the unlikely event they change their minds.

Ripping up a global multi million pound contract before an event less than a  month away so that a few thousand fans could watch this live is a very naive assumption.

I don't think anyone thinks it's likely. But it's fun to imagine it actually happening. Seeing Villa Park broadcast across the world to 380 million people would be very cool

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think at best it might be a little nudge to UEFA from someone outside the 'super' group that we've got your back, we're your mates, you can come kip on our sofa if you like.

We could maybe host the new europa vauxhall conference thingy in  a few years. About the same level as the old CWC- which the last final was held at?.......

Not sure how relevant the UEFA stadium Rating would be important for this as I would assume a lot of that relates to capacity, transport links, facilities etc for fans who are not going to be there, at least not in any great numbers.

It would make sense in these times to hold the match in the UK with  English teams competing but I can't see them moving it now. 

• Thanks 1

It's not going to happen.  Apparently we would need to massively increase the pressroom which is too small and other modifications relating to media within 3 weeks.  Not going to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

If there was a 0% chance of this then why would they even bother.  Purslow and co. don't seem like tinpot businessmen to me.  Must be an angle.

Seem the opposite to me 

Biggest game of club football in the world and we stuck our hand up and said **** it our place is a great venue we'll do it

We should still be hosting FA Cup semi finals, might have our name chucked in the hat for a EL conference final and as someone else said somewhere it could get purslow talking to UEFA who have 12 new openings on various boards and committees 

Nothing ventured nothing gained, I think it's a smart hand to play by purslow 

• Like 2

Â