Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wouldn't Wembley seem the most obvious option?

Playoff finals

And its not between the 2 clubs, plus being in London it could see more Chelsea fans travelling to the venue than what they would want 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seem the opposite to me 

Biggest game of club football in the world and we stuck our hand up and said **** it our place is a great venue we'll do it

We should still be hosting FA Cup semi finals, might have our name chucked in the hat for a EL conference final and as someone else said somewhere it could get purslow talking to UEFA who have 12 new openings on various boards and committees 

Nothing ventured nothing gained, I think it's a smart hand to play by purslow 

Well maybe that's the angle then.

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd like to see us have more cameras , bigger press box increase capacity to 55-60k. 

This has nothing to do with the noises surrounding hosting the CL final. Honest.🙄

AHH just take it to 70k, it'll be okay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

What's our UEFA rating for our stadium?

Think it's about 4 star but could be wrong. You actually need 5 stars to host CL finals although don't know if criteria has changed. Think 50k + is also needed.

Pretty sure after the success of hosting 99 CWC and then rebuilding Trinity a year later we bid for Uefa cup final in mid 2000s but just lost out.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think it's about 4 star but could be wrong. You actually need 5 stars to host CL finals although don't know if criteria has changed. Think 50k + is also needed.

Pretty sure after the success of hosting 99 CWC and then rebuilding Trinity a year later we bid for Uefa cup final in mid 2000s but just lost out.

The 50k capacity is probably irrelevant given fan numbers will be limited.

As for everything else, that may also be irrelevant if it ends up that Turkey don't want to host it due to their covid situation. If that happens (and it really should if they are serious about reducing the spread of their outbreak) somewhere in the UK would likely get it. Villa park is arguably the best stadium not particularly closer to one club than the other. Maybe Leicester's stadium could offer a similar package?

The camera positions are easily resolved, not sure about the press box, but presumably "boxes" that aren't being used for their normal activity could could repurposed too.  Not sure it's as big a task as sky are making out, but if turkey want to keep it, there is no way its getting moved.

Even if it doesn't happen, it's a big news story and gets us on the tv screens in a positive light.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

I don't think Turkey will be on the Green list latter today so that could mean lots of fans having to pay £1700 to use the government hotels in their return. Doesn't seem great to me when it can be hosted in the UK, but when are fans ever considered in these things.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories as such but the cynic in me thinks Christian Purslow might have a friend or two in the government.

It the same dark forces that is stopping poor old mike Ashley in selling his beloved Newcastle, and also helped remove the broadcasting icons Gray and Keys off our tv screens.

That Dorsett fella seems to be talking-down Villa's chances of hosting...

He was actually quite patronising and said everything but Villa are in the dark ages and a tin pot outfit...is he a Bluenose or something? F***** Word Removed that he is!

Â