Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

7 minutes ago, CHW said:

I think that's wrong.  I think you can make an allowance for the lost revenue due to the redev, so the impact on FFP revenue would be de minimus.

So it's absolutely the right time to do it, if indeed a North Stand redev is what we plan to do.

You are incorrect, we've had in depth discussion on FFP within the specific thread.

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would love to know how much revenue our smallest stand makes us, do we have the figure?

Attendance receipts are pretty small compared to overall revenue. I believe gates are about 10-15m per year but am not 100% sure

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You are incorrect, we've had in depth discussion on FFP within the specific thread.

Yes and most people felt that FFP gave allowances for loss of turnover during stadium renovations. But as usual you carry on with your own dialogue. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would love to know how much revenue our smallest stand makes us, do we have the figure?

I think @OutByEaster?Mentioned we only earned £4m from The North Stand currently anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It can't be that much. It holds less than 7,000 and has the cheapest corporate facilities given the age of the stand. How much money will we be leaving off the table every home game if nothing ever happens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder when we'll start to see materials and equipment arrive for the warehouse work over the summer - my understanding is that some of the work in the North Stand on new areas has already started and is visible with new spaces being worked on behind hoardings - there's a lot of stuff planned for this summer and it'll be interesting to see when the club decides to talk about it. 

November

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

amazing isnt it.

The Romans built the Colosseum.

All went a bit downhill from there didnt it, and we ended up with some.......stands.

I really struggle with most modern architecture as I don't believe anything is constructed with any permanence in mind anymore. 

The old Trinity would have been looked upon fondly if it had stood for another 200 years while the current North, Trinity Road and Witton Lane stands are all in various levels of poor quality, and in the Trinitys case, less than 25 years after construction.

The plans for the new North stand were no different as cost clearly played a part and any permanency did not. In 30 years we'll all be hoping that will be demolished too.

Edited by Caravella82

52 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It can't be that much. It holds less than 7,000 and has the cheapest corporate facilities given the age of the stand. How much money will we be leaving off the table every home game if nothing ever happens?

Yeah it must be around £3 million a season maximum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caravella82 said:

The plans for the new North stand were no different as cost clearly played a part and any permanency did not. In 30 years we'll all be hoping that will be demolished too.

Cost definitely played a part, the North Stand cost us more than you might think.

Here's an article from 17 years ago when we thought we might be on the eve of change, and yet the North Stand remains, like some sort of ancient monument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Cost definitely played a part, the North Stand cost us more than you might think.

Here's an article from 17 years ago when we thought we might be on the eve of change, and yet the North Stand remains, like some sort of ancient monument.

That's a great read. For some odd reason I've never really connected the down period of the mid to late eighties to the need to claw back money spent on the North stand but it's great to hear that perspective. As a child of the Eighties I can only put this down to being too young at the time.

Remembering stadiums constructed before the Taylor report, I can understand that it looked favourable when compared to most stadiums in the early Nineties but the architectural period to which it belongs has aged so badly I struggle to think of any other club of our stature that would have allowed the stand to remain for anywhere near this period of time. Everton maybe but, as we know, their move is imminent.

Where I'm conflicted is that while I absolutely believe the North stand is long past its use by date, I have little to no faith that I will like any replacement for it because of a universal lack of lasting modern architectural work. Everything seems to be built for easy convenience at the cheapest cost possible.

I did not like the plans for the North stand and I'm glad that the plans were paused for that reason. If our name and crest had been removed from the plans nobody would be able to guess the work had been done for Aston Villa and Villa Park.

I would just like an Architect to design something that can be unique to Villa and still looked upon fondly in 100 years rather than a design with half of its frontage consisting of glass forcing me to think its Anfield 2.0 rather than a modern representation of what most people believe to be iconic Villa Park.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Caravella82 said:

I did not like the plans for the North stand and I'm glad that the plans were paused for that reason. If our name and crest had been removed from the plans nobody would be able to guess the work had been done for Aston Villa and Villa Park.

I would just like an Architect to design something that can be unique to Villa and still looked upon fondly in 100 years rather than a design with half of its frontage consisting of glass forcing me to think its Anfield 2.0 rather than a modern representation of what most people believe to be iconic Villa Park.

I agree. I think the warehouse is a better fit than Villa Live aesthetically.

Rebuild the Doug Ellis stand into a larger main stand and recreate the old trinity facade.

• Like 4

There's yet to be an announcement of the 150 year celebrations and it surely can't just be the AV150 centre circle display, given the committee assembled to plan the milestone.

Could Heck's rather muddled statement of the expansion postponement have been made to re-evaluate the plans AND make a 'good news' expansion announcement to time with the other 150 years celebrating event(s)?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brommy said:

There's yet to be an announcement of the 150 year celebrations and it surely can't just be the AV150 centre circle display, given the committee assembled to plan the milestone.

Could Heck's rather muddled statement of the expansion postponement have been made to re-evaluate the plans AND make a 'good news' expansion announcement to time with the other 150 years celebrating event(s)?

No not that I've heard.

Hope to be wrong.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No not that I've heard.

Hope to be wrong.

Remind me if you have an inside track to club information, please. Fan consultation meetings?

7 hours ago, brommy said:

We have to wait contractually before announcing new kit as it will impact sales of the existing kit and thus hurt Castore. I think we will be trying to make a big splash all at once with new kit, sponsors, AV150 and a lot of new brand and merchandise at the same time. Some special AV150 things to buy. 

Heck is a proven at this type of thing. He knows how to work to build our brand. I think announcement for the future of Villa Park plans would likely come at the same time. Especially as with the Atarios investment. 

7 hours ago, brommy said:

Remind me if you have an inside track to club information, please. Fan consultation meetings?

Just through work. But things do change I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just through work. But things do change I guess. 

Without knowing what work you do, it is difficult to gauge it's relevance.

Â