Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

We'll get back in a year or two and our Tony will take Villa Park to the next level. I'm thinking USB charging points in every seat. #nextlevel

I just want seats like the ones at Brighton. Is that too much to ask? 

Even something simple like the mini complex that clubs like mk Dons and even Derby to an extent have. I want to be able to see a nandos, a club shop and a f&bs from the rooftop of villa park. There's plenty of scope for these kind of things behind the north stand. Bulldoze the stand and start again, have a mini shopping centre with plenty of food choices as part of an indoor shopping area attached to the stadium. 

Finally, rename the Doug Ellis stand, the Dr Tony stand for zhits and giggles

• 3 weeks later...

Just to be clear,  in the magazine article diesler123 has translated he talks about developing 10 sq km around Villa Park. 

That is massive,  absolutely huge. 

If he is above board we really may have an owner with access to staggering amounts of funding. 

As I said in an earlier post if what his companies have done in China is true this would not even be that big a deal for them.  I am still worried how genuine all this really is,  probably from always expecting and receiving the worst where Villa are concerned. 

But boy if this is above board this could be massive for Villa and Birmingham.  That would bring the sphere of development right up to Eastside Locks and HS2. 

Would surely be tied in with a Metro route as well. 

To be fair if he is a fraud he is going unnecessarily far out of his way for the convincer. I have no idea why he would bother to do that. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On a side note are we going to install disabled seats this summer in the lower north? Is this is a legal requirement or advised one? It would also be a bit odd if we did that and then flattered the stand 5 years down the road. But I suppose we did that when we put a roof on the old Holte end and then bulldozed the lot 4 years later, so who knows.

I read today that Man U are placing more in which is to reduce their capacity from 76,000 to 73,500.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

On a side note are we going to install disabled seats this summer in the lower north? Is this is a legal requirement or advised one? It would also be a bit odd if we did that and then flattered the stand 5 years down the road. But I suppose we did that when we put a roof on the old Holte end and then bulldozed the lot 4 years later, so who knows.

I read today that Man U are placing more in which is to reduce their capacity from 76,000 to 73,500.

The Holte end was covered in 1962 and demolished in 1994, hardly 4 years.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What a waste of money.  The Holte Roof never needed extending.  I say that because I stood at the back! 

I can remember getting soaked by rain at the back of the Holte one night match, I think it nay of been Barcelona

53 minutes ago, tismyk said:

I can remember getting soaked by rain at the back of the Holte one night match, I think it nay of been Barcelona

You re just showing your age.  Mind you I can remember that game too.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

On 07/01/2017 at 13:45, avfc1982 said:

I agree. Much as I love Villa Park you do get the impression we've been left behind. Growing up I always thought of Villa as being a bigger club than Spurs. We had a bigger ground, won more trophies, got bigger crowds. Now they're moving to a stunning 61k stadium and we feel like a million miles away. 

Unless our on the pitch performances dramatically improve and we are back in the PL I can't see us needing a 61k stadium any time soon...sadly.

1 hour ago, tismyk said:

At least there was some covering unlike the witton end before the redevelopment.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Unless our on the pitch performances dramatically improve and we are back in the PL I can't see us needing a 61k stadium any time soon...sadly.

I think you need to take a gander at the transfer thread mate 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found myself in beskitas' club shop today...our newly refurbed one is embarrassing in comparison, 2 floors, absolutely huge, ultra modern, sold everything I could probably ever think of, had like a history section selling all the old shirts and books, had a quite large adidas non club section selling everything from running gear to golf stuff, had an official formal wear partner selling club suits etc

i wanted some winter stuff before coming out here, villa had something like 3 woolly hats, 4 scarves, 2 gloves to choose from, the besiktas shop had >10 of each, I've never seen anything like it, they had about 18 different official woolly hats

they had maybe as many as 30 different non adidas official club tshirts all £10-20

ive never seen anything like it, not even barca's which I seem to remember being a lot of Nike kits

i know we've got a new online shop coming very soon, it needs an overhaul, I think under armour have shown potential to do some decent but expensive stuff, if the ground gets done then villa village has to be part of it

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So having read the minutes from the recent fans consultancy group meeting. The talk of redeveloping the wider area of Aston, the "sports quarter"  talk about Birminghams potential bid for the commonwealth games in the future, local infrastructure to be improved, north stand development. Etc 

My question is-could villa park be used as the host stadium for athletics if the North stand was demolished ? Or am I joining dots that aren't there ? 

Scrap that as I've  just thought through what I've wrote and looked into hampem parks conversion to athletics and would mean we would have to play elsewhere for a season to build the temporary base for the track above the pitch to accommodate the track. 

Edited by thabucks
Not thinking logically !

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

My question is-could villa park be used as the host stadium for athletics if the North stand was demolished ? Or am I joining dots that aren't there ? 

In the meeting there was talk about the commonwealth games and stadiums and the club don't believe there's a central role for Villa Park. However, we can also rest assured we won't be moving to a soulless 40,000 seat bowl somewhere off the M42 that the council need a tennent for.

• Like 1

Â