Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if Brum councils bankruptcy there may be a deal to be done on a prime piece of real estate nearer the centre and that has brought to the clubs attention and is being looked into. A multi use stadium similar to the renovated Bernabeu would be a huge asset to the city. 

No chance. There is no prime real estate any closer to the City than VP. It's literally only a couple of miles out the City as it is. 

The ideal scenario for relocation would've been to purchase the Alexander Stadium and surrounding land in Perry Barr, or the grounds at Moor Lane next to Witton Cemetery and build a multi purpose stadium, however whichever way you cut it transport links would still be a problem. You'd just be pushing the same problem that seems like the stumbling block elsewhere in the City.

Moving to the outskirts of the City in any direction would be a big no from me. I'd rather see us move to the Alexander and completely rebuild VP 

If what OBE is saying comes to pass and the stand is definitely only delayed I'm going for them calling someone's bluff who was dragging their heels on some other commitments. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

No chance. There is no prime real estate any closer to the City than VP. It's literally only a couple of miles out the City as it is. 

The ideal scenario for relocation would've been to purchase the Alexander Stadium and surrounding land in Perry Barr, or the grounds at Moor Lane next to Witton Cemetery and build a multi purpose stadium, however whichever way you cut it transport links would still be a problem. You'd just be pushing the same problem that seems like the stumbling block elsewhere in the City.

Moving to the outskirts of the City in any direction would be a big no from me. I'd rather see us move to the Alexander and completely rebuild VP 

I think Birchfield Harriers and UK Athletics may have something to say about that....

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just a reminder that the club have said regularly on a number of occasions and have reiterated at tonight's supporters group meeting, we're not going to be moving to a new stadium - it's not happening, we're not moving, they aren't planning it, thinking about it or considering it - not Heck, not the owners, not anyone.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the update, I find it strange however in modern day sport that they wouldn’t be considering a new stadium. For the record I don’t ever want to leave Villa Park! 

Edited by WHY

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If what OBE is saying comes to pass and the stand is definitely only delayed I'm going for them calling someone's bluff who was dragging their heels on some other commitments. 

Delayed until when? It’s madness imo… unless you can build a stand May to September, and have a fair few away games then it’s going to impact the gates…..

surely they develop the “box park” bit first off the stadium and then get revenue that way to cover the loss of tickets for a year….

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't think you appreciate a) just how big a plot of land is needed and b) how expensive it would be to buy and flatten such a huge chunk of real estate. 

Doing anything in the city centre proper is going to cost way way more than just doing our own stand. 

personally, I wasn't thinking of City Centre....more out towards the Airport, where road access is better.

Thats where the new Wembley was proposed, before the Londonites, scuppered the proposal.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Also the seat next to me in doug Ellis is not occupied by a season ticket holder for the past 2 years, more often than not it's empty.

Total guess, but I assume most people would want at least 2 seats next to each other?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Total guess, but I assume most people would want at least 2 seats next to each other?  

But what if we go with the other half?!????!?!  “Why’s that bloke just done that? So who’s winning again? Can we go to the shops afterwards and get those other curtains ? Oh you never pay attention to me !” … never said my wife ever… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â