Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

It's a 24 hour news channel dedicated to Aston Villa but it only shows us being drawn to Man Utd in the cup over and over again, on loop. 

Could you imagine a 24 hour Villa news channel. The chaos and meltdown's it would cause!

Very much of a separate stand design in keeping with the traditional  look of the ground. I am sure in previous designs gone back they may have been more of a rap-around.  I thought it might have been 3 tiers for the corporate but perhaps that is in the internal part of the stand. Like the brick finish and the plans to have a clear and safe pedestrian walkway to Witton Station is a great idea. Seems to be influenced by the new Liverpool Stand, is it the same architects.  Makes the Holte look a bit small now though.

• Like 1

Going right off topic but I suppose connected to Villa Live, does anyone remember the early 2000s when they plonked a big screen in the middle of Villa park to watch the away day derbies? 

Before the days of streaming obviously, freezing your bollocks off in December watching a 0-0 draw v WBA. Brilliant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m all for this redevelopment but I wonder how much it will impact on our spending on the first team squad over the coming years, we’ve seen other clubs have to rein in their spending when they’ve built new stadiums etc.

I think stadium improvements and such are excluded from FFP.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m all for this redevelopment but I wonder how much it will impact on our spending on the first team squad over the coming years, we’ve seen other clubs have to rein in their spending when they’ve built new stadiums etc.

They usually reap the benefits longer term to be fair.

However it's also why the investment in the academy, and building as strong a squad as possible now is important.

To last us a few years.

Don't think it tool Tottenham too long to get back to spend?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

True, but the truth is we are years behind the others in Commercial revenue, we simply have to start making more money and these proposals give genuine options for us to do that without just (I say just because they'll be coming too) more ticket price increases. Which we can then invest in more players.

Adding more seats

Increasing time spent at the Stadium

Improving food & drink facilities

Improving the Club Shop.

These are all great ways of coercing us to spend more cash on matchdays but in a way that will improve the match day experience and (unfortunately for some of the burger vans outside) see the club take a larger proportion of the money already spent on matchdays.

We've invested enough into the 1st Team and Academy to allow us a year or two of buying just 1 or 2 bigger players than £100m+ every summer to allow us to reap more benefits in commercial revenue over the next 10-20 years instead

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I might have missed this wbut whats the villa live?

Exactly.

I said this a few weeks ago, it's a **** terrible name, it gives you absolutely no idea wtf it is. Without context I thought we'd renamed Villa TV or something. 

All looks very impressive, so moaning about the name is a bit nitpicky, but they should really change it before we're stuck with it.

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Exactly.

I said this a few weeks ago, it's a **** terrible name, it gives you absolutely no idea wtf it is. Without context I thought we'd renamed Villa TV or something. 

All looks very impressive, so moaning about the name is a bit nitpicky, but they should really change it before we're stuck with it.

I don't mind the name as it seems like it's going to have a load of different uses.  I suspect we will sell the naming rights to it anyway.

Â