Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

His latest tweet has made me nervous. His naïvety has gone up a notch. Answering a question about cancelling the contracts of passionless players by saying they can't be cancelled but that the player must be sold even for losses.  Nothing wrong with the content but the openness is slightly terrifying for what might come later. It's going to eat him up :(

What he has said here is absolutely correct. I don't see anything in this particular comment to make us uneasy.

5 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

This is great, having an owner filling us in on what's going on. Us fans couldn't have a better source for info. Why exactly are people being so negative about it.? 

There's a reason pretty much no other owner apart from the clowns at West ham air their dirty laundry in public. If Dr x. Keeps this up it will come back to bite him.

• Like 2

Ballsy from Tone though he does look a tad naive. If we lose amavi and ayew he gives the villa fans the chance to hammer him where as if he kept quiet and we lost one of both nobody would say a word to him about it. Hmmm. We clearly don't need to sell though by the sounds of it, which is encouraging.

12 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

This is great, having an owner filling us in on what's going on. Us fans couldn't have a better source for info. Why exactly are people being so negative about it.? 

We've been here before. 

It starts off well but only goes one way once journalists start creating stories from quotes and/or disgruntled keyboard warriors start asking too many irritating questions. 

It's almost becoming like Groundhog day: talk of being one of the world's biggest clubs (read: four year plan and CL football) accompanied with things like open dialogue with the the fans (see the Krulak thread).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ballsy from Tone though he does look a tad naive. If we lose amavi and ayew he gives the villa fans the chance to hammer him where as if he kept quiet and we lost one of both nobody would say a word to him about it. Hmmm. We clearly don't need to sell though by the sounds of it, which is encouraging.

We will all know come the end of the transfer window if he is true to his word or not. l'll believe him until he gives me reason not to.  I find it refreshing that he is interacting with the fans and being open about stuff that often gets dragged out in the press. We don't need newsnow anymore, we have a direct link to the main man :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We've been here before. 

It starts off well but only goes one way once journalists start creating stories from quotes and/or disgruntled keyboard warriors start asking too many irritating questions. 

It's almost becoming like Groundhog day: talk of being one of the world's biggest clubs (read: four year plan and CL football) accompanied with things like open dialogue with the the fans (see the Krulak thread).

Well if every human being was a carbon copy of each other I'd agree but at least give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. I understand people being wary especially after the last owner but I believe that Xia is much smarter and knows a lot more about running a business than Randy. Time will tell.

• Like 2

I swear...villa fans are so fickle..If dr xia said we were getting rid of all our dead weight and replacing them with messi,ronaldo and pogba,we would still have people on here moaning and finding something to nitpick..jeez..I personally like his twitter posts and his "honesty"

I would rather have xia post what he feels than the likes of Lerner who barely ever said anything unless it was through his moutpiece krulak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney_avfc said:

Boom!!  Love it.

People are talking as if Tony is this naive half-soaped guy - he is a 'very' successful businessman who knows plenty about negotiating deals and being successful.  He is probably stating fact - we are not privy to what financial conversations and deals done behind the scenes with our man crafty Sam.  I reckon he is saying this because he knows it is the case - why else risk his credibility.  Lets not confuse non-conformity with established ways of behaving with naivety  - I don't think he's anywhere near as naive as some think.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

Â