Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 hours ago, tismyk said:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tony-xia-reveals-who-the-player-scout-is-at-aston-villa-supporters-will-be-pleased-with-the-news/

Dr Tony Xia is the new owner of Aston Villa

Tony Xia reveals on Twitter Aston Villa have made new senior recruit

21st July, 2016, 10:02 PM

By Amir Mir

Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has revealed on Twitter that the club have added a new senior member to their backroom team by appointing Andrew Stone.

Stone has been plucked from Southampton, where he was the chief player scout, and has been appointed Villa’s head of performance analysis and technical recruitment.

He has made the switch to Villa Park as they look to put the disaster of player recruitment last season behind them.

Stone’s appointment has more than likely signalled the end for Paddy Riley who was at the forefront of recruitment and scouting as he played a huge part in the £55 million spent by the Midlands club last summer.

Xia informed supporters of the recruitment change on his personal Twitter account on Thursday afternoon.

Wasn't this common knowledge way before yesterday? I hate how so called reporters just trawl Twitter for 'news'. It's fecking lazy man! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I won't slate Dr Xia yet, but my unease is growing. A lot needs to happen in the next two weeks. If we get to Sheffield Weds with this squad (even minus a few players) then I'll be in full panic mode and quite firmly under the belief we've got another dud owner. There's no excuse not to be ready before August 7th - it's been nearly two months since the takeover and lots of promises, we need action now.

I can fully understand that you and others have reservations in regard to Xia as I am yet to be anything like 100% convinced by him. I don’t see how anyone can be given that there are a number of unknowns about him in terms of how much money he has to take the club forward. I also think since he came he has sent out some mixed messages as he has said that the manager will have whatever he needs be it 30, 40, 50 million whilst more recently I get the impression that money may not be as freely available when he as says that we have shown that spending money and adding players doesn’t guarantee success. Whilst that is true spending money and adding players would almost certainly give you a better chance of being successful.

Talk is cheap though and actions will speak far louder and in that regard it would be totally unfair of any of us to judge him after less than a couple of months at the helm. I think we have to give him at least a year before we do that so whilst I have not and will not be salivating over him I also won’t be sharpening the knife if substantial investment in the squad isn’t made over this summer.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Wasn't this common knowledge way before yesterday? I hate how so called reporters just trawl Twitter for 'news'. It's fecking lazy man! 

Sorry for posting old news have been out of the country and had not heard of Stone before

On 20.07.2016 г. at 19:32, BOF said:

I don't find them embarrassing.  I find them naïve but well-meaning.  I think he's wrapped up in the positive buzz of owning a football club and he's enjoying the adulation and engaging with his fans. Unfortunately he's a lamb to the slaughter with all the assholes out there.

I agree with all of this, however, we're talking about a self made millionaire businessman. He shouldn't be a well-meaning, naive lamb to the slaughter. 

it is a bit disappointing that we have only signed 3 players, but I do think they are trying to offload a few players before anyone else comes in. You can already hear the sounds that they wnat to learn from previous mistkaes and not have  astupid wage bill that will make us suffer for years like under lerner

why havent we sold sanchez yet?

why is veretout not gone yet as apparently off to marseille?

why is gil not off to deportivo yet?

is seems very odd to me

honetsly newcastle will walk this but we could finish anywhere between 2nd-12th with this current squad

I don't care what he says anymore.. he's talked so much bs already.. yet two weeks to kick off we seem unprepared. We lacked fire power upfront last season and a striker target has not been green lit yet. It's ridiculous. I know it's till early but I think bedding the players in pre season is really important for team spirit/bonding. Personally I am starting to get concerned and promotion looks beyond us. Even Norwich who were ahead of us anyway seem to be getting McCormack. Wolves having a richer new owner.. etc etc. Going to be a tough season. Be happy to make top 6.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Sorry for posting old news have been out of the country and had not heard of Stone before

No worries, my comments weren't aimed at you. More at the Internet news sites that get all of their insider info from Twitter. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

honetsly newcastle will walk this but we could finish anywhere between 24th-24th with this current squad

edited for the inclusion of Flabby

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think the harsh reality is that XIA HAS TO STUMP UP £10M+ for a striker in next couple of weeks or else his credibility will go through the floor.

And if he does I DO HOPE YOU TAKE THE APPROPRIATE CREDIT. You deserve it.

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think the harsh reality is that XIA HAS TO STUMP UP £10M+ for a striker in next couple of weeks or else his credibility will go through the floor.

To be honest i think we need two. Ayew going in January to the African Nations.. along with Gestede. That would leave us with just RHM and say McCormack. If we can also sign another forward.. sell Gabby and Kozak.

Ayew Gestede McCormack 2nd new striker and RHM... thats enough fire power. 

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

So 10m is the figure that his credibility is justified? Anything below means it drops through the floor?

Benteke at a mere 7m would have tanked Xia!

• Like 1

Â