Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

58 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Interesting that the Dr. hasn't mentioned anything about the positive result against Barnsley. Do we dare to hope a decision was made already, and a change of manager is happening regardless? :P

Keeping or sacking Bruce shouldnt be based on a result where we beat the likes of Barnsley.  The upcoming game against Forest is exactly the type of games he will be looking at imo

Bruce is going nowhere in the near future in my opinion and I'm not convinced it is right either for him to go, still think he should have a bit more time. I go against most on here but that's the way I feel.

• Like 2

On 17/09/2017 at 12:16, DaveAV1 said:

Don't worry his manager is celebrating like we've just been promoted :P

He probably feels that saturdays win has brought him another couple of weeks in the job, so he is probably working through a list of excuses to justify reverting back to 1 striker. 

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Bruce is going nowhere in the near future in my opinion and I'm not convinced it is right either for him to go, still think he should have a bit more time. I go against most on here but that's the way I feel.

That's my view too. 

So at least there are two of us!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That's my view too. 

So at least there are two of us!

Make it 3! :)

To be fair, I was ready for him to go after Cardiff, I felt he'd lost the players at that point but results and performances have gotten better since then and I hope beyond all hope that Saturday was a sign of things to come.

We should start a club, and then a forum called TillaValk.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Keeping or sacking Bruce shouldnt be based on a result where we beat the likes of Barnsley.  The upcoming game against Forest is exactly the type of games he will be looking at imo

or lose to the likes of Cardiff.

but its only natural our emotions take us to those places.

Make it four.

Some of the stuff on here lately has made me lose interest in this site unfortunately. Agree we're not where we should be but with the Doctor, the better squad and a general better feel around VP we're on the right track. It was never going to happen overnight.

the fact some have hoped we lose to get the manager sacked has shocked me. Our away support is second to none and I'm afraid to say, I think some of the people on here rarely go to games.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, London Villa said:

Make it four.

Some of the stuff on here lately has made me lose interest in this site unfortunately. Agree we're not where we should be but with the Doctor, the better squad and a general better feel around VP we're on the right track. It was never going to happen overnight.

the fact some have hoped we lose to get the manager sacked has shocked me. Our away support is second to none and I'm afraid to say, I think some of the people on here rarely go to games.

I kind of agree with this, although I am still not sure Bruce is the right man, there are a lot more positives around the club, and we certainly seem to be a slicker machine off the pitch.

This season is crucial however, as the parachute payment next season is drastically reduced. Failure to get promotion this season would put a club like ours at a serious disadvantage over smaller clubs with smaller infrastructure as we'd have pretty much the same money to play with as them, but far greater outgoing.....it could get really messy.

that said thought it's clear that Wyness and Co. have planned for that eventuality, and I do believe we've been clever with getting players on shorter contracts.

Tony is in my opinion doing a great job, and while nobody is above criticism I am struggling to see what more some fans could have expected for him given the mess we were in when he arrived.

14 hours ago, London Villa said:

Make it four.

Not sure it's fair to assume some on here rarely go to games because they want the manager sacked ? 

Most on here watch games one way or another and no one can really argue that performances and results in the main have been very disappointing - given his resources and squad at his disposal I think Bruce is very lucky that xia has been patient with him .

I backed him until the Cardiff and reading games as did many on here - xia has backed him so now hopefully we can get over the poor start and get a run of wins together - if Bruce can do that he will be doing his job and also appeasing some Though not all of his critics .

The ball is in his court and we all hope he succeeds for the sake of Aston Villa . 

Edited by Eastie

22 hours ago, vreitti said:

Interesting that the Dr. hasn't mentioned anything about the positive result against Barnsley. Do we dare to hope a decision was made already, and a change of manager is happening regardless? :P

Ive said before - Bruce should be replaced when a suitable candidate becomes available. The headlong rush to replace him with Dean Smith, Moyes or Pardew makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ive said before - Bruce should be replaced when a suitable candidate becomes available. The headlong rush to replace him with Dean Smith, Moyes or Pardew makes no sense to me.

Generally speaking, you make the candidate 'become' available when you go for a new manager, rather than what? Sitting around waiting for one to become unemployed?

• Like 2

For the love of god sack the man.

You allegedly decided to buy the club because of the great support you saw at the Newcastle game. Only 11,000 bothered to attend tonight, Bruce is sapping the life out of every one of us. We used to laugh at small heath for this sort of shit. 

Small heath/Wigan was Bruces ceiling, his level. And a run of mill championship club is exactly what we will become if this bloke isn't sacked. 

Â