Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tony would have looked at last nights Wolves team and thought shit this is supposed to be us. I still think he will completely lose interest in the next few years.  It can't be fun seeing the club he expected to challenge for top 4 in 5 years team completely outplayed by their smaller local rivals. If he hadn't had a reality check already. He has now. 

It will be interesting to see how he reacts now.

I really hope it woke him up enough to smell the coffee

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

In my view being an absentee owner of a football club rarely works. Sure social media interaction and attending games here and there is great but I don’t think it’s enough.

Running a club in that way means that so much of your interaction with a club and your insight into it comes through someone you’ve employed and therefore through the prism of their opinion. It is also in their self interest to tell you the positives.

I think this was true under Lerner, is true under the Dr and is evident in plenty of other clubs. 

That isn’t to say being an absentee owner (by that I mean no full involved in the day to say) but you have to be absolutely certain you have the right people running it for you. 

Lerner didn’t with his appointments like Faulkner and I don’t believe the Dr has in Wyness.

People will rightly say I don’t know enough about his day to day performance or the job he is doing but I’ve more insight that is piblicaly available. Even without that though, it’s hard to see much of what has improved in his time here.

I think some of the thinking is very old and some frankly idiotic, such as the three teams idea. 

If we don’t go up this season I really do worry about the future.

I think the club really needs someone running it day to day with passion for it, not just experience and a desire to hold onto their position and rewards.

Spot on. Wyness is running the show and it's completely the wrong man. But he will of course have convinced Xia otherwise which is why he got the job in the first place. 

He will ruin this once great club.  

• Like 1

I've had slight misgivings regarding Xia for a while, and I want Bruce gone however when you are winning it's comes across as negativity for negativities sake. Xia has produced lots of sound bites but I'm not seeing a lot of progress on the pitch. 

Let's see when the next set of accounts are announced how much of the money we have spent is parachute payment and how much Xia has put in and how much debt we have. Then judge him.

Just don't understand how people can say with authority that Xia is doing a great job (or  a rubbish job) based on the fact he isn't our previous owner or the fact he posts on twitter or has grandiose plans of 60-70k stadiums and battling Barca. Im not seeing the solid  evidence. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I've had slight misgivings regarding Xia for a while, and I want Bruce gone however when you are winning it's comes across as negativity for negativities sake. Xia has produced lots of sound bites but I'm not seeing a lot of progress on the pitch. 

Let's see when the next set of accounts are announced how much of the money we have spent is parachute payment and how much Xia has put in and how much debt we have. Then judge him.

Just don't understand how people can say with authority that Xia is doing a great job (or  a rubbish job) based on the fact he isn't our previous owner or the fact he posts on twitter or has grandiose plans of 60-70k stadiums and battling Barca. Im not seeing the solid  evidence. 

He suffers from delusions 

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think he will be a bigger disaster than Lerner.

Not sure about that, however so far, not good at all. Two shite managerial appointments and massive sums of money blown on players who are potentially not up to the task of delivering what we all expect. Bruce is a dead man walking, if Xia **** up yet another appointment then it will simply show us up to be a total farce at every level of responsibility. 

• Like 1

There is a big difference between Lerner & Xia. Dr. T has made his own money and been successful in his business dealings. Lerner was born with a silver spoon up his arse and was attracted to Jacobean buildings, the word removed Shunammite. 

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

See I hate this demeaning of Lerner because he was fortunate to be born into wealth. It has no bearing in reality where the money comes from. Lerner is very successful is his own right you don't go to go Ivy League colleges and become a top lawyer just because. He **** us no doubt about it but in my opinion it was not because where his wealth came from. 

What has Xia actually done ? Cause I'm looking at the table and the amount we have spent and I'm not seeing your argument for Xia over Lerner other than he isn't Lerner. Which is pretty weak. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

See I hate this demeaning of Lerner because he was fortunate to be born into wealth. It has no bearing in reality where the money comes from. Lerner is very successful is his own right you don't go to go Ivy League colleges and become a top lawyer just because. He **** us no doubt about it but in my opinion it was not because where his wealth came from. 

What has Xia actually done ? Cause I'm looking at the table and the amount we have spent and I'm not seeing your argument for Xia over Lerner other than he isn't Lerner. Which is pretty weak. 

Lerner is a trust fund baby who inherited virtually all of his wealth and, as an accident of birth, was fortunate to have vast resources, wealth and connections available to him. In terms of your ivy league point, don't make me laugh, ivy league colleges are notorious for being an old boys club that you can buy your way into. In fact if you do a background check you will see that he went to the same college as Al Lerner who was also a substantial donor. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The president and his kids say hi

• Like 1

Ok I see the point. However I do not buy the notion that Lerner was shit because he inherited his wealth. He was shit because he made bad decisions. Self made or not it doesn't matter if you make the wrong decisions or place your trust in the wrong people,then end result is the same. The fans suffer 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Ok I see the point. However I do not buy the notion that Lerner was shit because he inherited his wealth. He was shit because he made bad decisions. Self made or not it doesn't matter if you make the wrong decisions or place your trust in the wrong people,then end result is the same. The fans suffer 

I think what is being inferred is people who are self-made are more likely to make the right decisions over time, those that have been born into money may not have the same buisness acumen as that of their parents/heritage would expect

Edited by MickeyC_UTV
added ‘that’
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

There is a big difference between Lerner & Xia. Dr. T has made his own money and been successful in his business dealings. Lerner was born with a silver spoon up his arse and was attracted to Jacobean buildings, the word removed Shunammite. 

It doesn't matter where the money comes from.

It's about Aston Villa for me, they are both the same when it comes to that. Shit decision makers and wreckless spenders who are pushing this once great football club to the brink of total disaster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think Wyness, Round and Bruce are all poor decisions, and Xia, though I really like the guy, has to carry responsibility fro their appointments. 

And RDM to start with...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

In my view being an absentee owner of a football club rarely works. Sure social media interaction and attending games here and there is great but I don’t think it’s enough.

Running a club in that way means that so much of your interaction with a club and your insight into it comes through someone you’ve employed and therefore through the prism of their opinion. It is also in their self interest to tell you the positives.

I think this was true under Lerner, is true under the Dr and is evident in plenty of other clubs. 

That isn’t to say being an absentee owner (by that I mean no full involved in the day to say) but you have to be absolutely certain you have the right people running it for you. 

Lerner didn’t with his appointments like Faulkner and I don’t believe the Dr has in Wyness.

People will rightly say I don’t know enough about his day to day performance or the job he is doing but I’ve more insight that is piblicaly available. Even without that though, it’s hard to see much of what has improved in his time here.

I think some of the thinking is very old and some frankly idiotic, such as the three teams idea. 

If we don’t go up this season I really do worry about the future.

I think the club really needs someone running it day to day with passion for it, not just experience and a desire to hold onto their position and rewards.

Bring back Hollis!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wyness is the bad apple. 

I’ve no great love for him but do you have any, you know, evidence, for this ?

Because im genuinely interested.....and could probably quite easily be swayed !,..but have seen nothing concrete to support the idea

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’ve no great love for him but do you have any, you know, evidence, for this ?

Because im genuinely interested.....and could probably quite easily be swayed !,..but have seen nothing concrete to support the idea

Only the opinion of Everton fans to be honest. Apart from that it's just his look. Reminds me of an older Mike Ashey. 

• Haha 1

Â