Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ditto. From my experience, Chinese businessmen tend to be quite patient and loyal. 

One thing Xia doesn’t strike me as is being patient. With his lofty ambitions he can’t afford to write off a whole season.

These International breaks can be a pain in the arse if you are on a decent run but this one now comes at a perfect time for us.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's been 'anonymously' reported in several papers to have given RDM two matches to get a win, one of which was last night, so I don't expect a sacking until after the Preston game. 

If we don't win that, I will reluctantly back the owner's choice as well. 

Tony has already said that the  2 match ultimatum was just made up paper bollocks.  Let's move on and give RDM a bit more time.

We are doing everything right but scoring so, given our firepower up front,  will come good soon enough. 

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Tony has already said that the  2 match ultimatum was just made up paper bollocks.  Let's move on and give RDM a bit more time.

We are doing everything right but scoring so, given our firepower up front,  will come good soon enough. 

Based on his tweet? Do you think he's going to say anything other that full support for his manager publicly even if he is planning the chop? 

It wouldn't surprise me one little bit if RDM did go this weekend if we didn't win. 

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Tony has already said that the  2 match ultimatum was just made up paper bollocks.

Actually, he said " As always, the medias knew something I would do that even I myself don't know", which I think you would agree isn't quite the definitive denial you are suggesting.

Edited by briny_ear

45 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Actually, he said " As always, the medias knew something I would do that even I myself don't know", which I think you would agree isn't quite the definitive denial you are suggesting.

He is very quiet.. that to me does not bode well for RDM. 

48 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Looks like he is sticking to his guns.

2nd Mistake - 1st was appointing RDM.

Hope he's not going to do a lerner - provide the funds - but consistently appoints and sticks with 2nd rate managers. I thought Dr Tony was better than that.

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

2nd Mistake - 1st was appointing RDM.

Hope he's not going to do a lerner - provide the funds - but consistently appoints and sticks with 2nd rate managers. I thought Dr Tony was better than that.

There has been more than two mistakes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Comments like this - by a Villa fan no less - truly baffle me.

Do you mean mine? Because I can absolutely guarantee you that it was wholeheartedly tongue in cheek. I very rarely say  anything serious

15 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Do you mean mine? Because I can absolutely guarantee you that it was wholeheartedly tongue in cheek. I very rarely say  anything serious

So if you rarely say anything serious, why should we believe that?

[/falls into logical chasm/]

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

Â