Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

what does oppressed army mean?

It seems to be something from Lao Tzu, founder of Taoism.  One of the google translations of the original phrase gives this, which perhaps makes more sense:

"An army burning with righteous indignation is bound to win.; An oppressed army fighting with desperate courage is sure to win.; The oppressed will rise to win."

An approximation would be if you're pissed off with being shafted week after week, maybe things will change, one day.  Or, "We go again".

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Concerns me greatly that the manager feels like he needs the owner (who has no football experience) to motivate his players for him...

Knowing you have the confidence of the owner can benefit the squad and it can't be negative so there's not an issue especially if RDM us ok with it. As the Doctor said before he has done loads of motivational speeches in his companies it not being football related doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He has not long tweeted this. I am very surprised the manager is asking him to send a message/video to the players.

Worried is one word. I think it's unbelievable . Points to the club being rudderless right now

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Worried is one word. I think it's unbelievable . Points to the club being rudderless right now

I don't know what is going on. Had it have been the owner interfering and sending a video is one thing but why would Di Matteo contact the owner and ask him to send a video message to the players. I mean for what purpose. Motivation, encouragement, reassurance, kick up the arse.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He has not long tweeted this. I am very surprised the manager is asking him to send a message/video to the players.

Bit of a strange one...he did a motivational speech at Bodymoor at the start of the season to the players so not sure what will be different.

I think the Wolves game could be the make or break one for RDM...Xia won't like him not winning that against their Chinese owners considering they're above us in the league.

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Concerns me greatly that the manager feels like he needs the owner (who has no football experience) to motivate his players for him...

very strange...my understanding of his methods is that he is not very hand on in training and lets Clarke do the coaching, RDM is like more of an overseer, and a lure to attract players and sponsorship deals. Isn't working out that well so far...

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

This. I mean seriously what the ...?  What sort of a manager asks the owner to do something like that. Bizarre. Might aswell ask Dr X. To pick the team, he might do a better job.

Â