Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, Richard said:

If he sacks rdm he will rely on the advice of wyness . Wyness will say Bruce .

in the summer a few of us said Rowlett . We won't get him now 

I Think Bruce is probably the best of a bad bunch available ATM (Realistically) 

Give him a 2 year deal with a nice promotion bonus and i think he would get us out the 2nd Division. 

(Not sure he will be the right man for our Champions League Challenge though ;))

Edited by Kingman

12 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Wonder what he thinks of our new 4-2-4 tactics? 

I couldn't care less what he thinks of the specific formation we used last night, and if he thinks it's his place to suggest tactics to his managers then he's a worse owner than I feared and far worse than I hoped.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I couldn't care less what he thinks of the specific formation we used last night, and if he thinks it's his place to suggest tactics to his managers then he's a worse owner than I feared and far worse than I hoped.

Guess i forgot the winky thing.

• Like 2

Wasn’t there reports, or even quotes from Xia, that RDM signed a contract that stated if we were outside the top 6 at a certain point he could be sacked? I doubt that was after anything like 7 games but if true it may eventually become a factor.

Edited by markavfc40

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Wasn’t there reports, or even quotes from Xia, that RDM signed a contract that stated if we were outside the top 6 at a certain point he could be sacked? I doubt that was after anything like 7 games but if true it may eventually become a factor.

I'm not sure we are going to be in the top six at any point this season so if true we will find out soon

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm not sure we are going to be in the top six at any point this season so if true we will find out soon

We will be in the top six at some point this season. We're five points away from 6th. If we don't show huge improvements in the next three games then I think RDM should go. Too soon to sack now IMO but it's not looking good for him.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How so? Either way he won't want us to carry on as we are. Not with £100m+ already in the tank

The smart business decision for me would be to talk to RDM, find out directly from the Buddha's mouth exactly what he intends to do about this situation. Apply pressure where necessary. 

He won't allow this to continue IMO. Certainly not until Christmas. RDM is theoretically still on trial here, time (and the league table) waits for no man. 

Totally agree.

The time thing does worry me a bit though, while it is a legitimate claim and we all know under normal conditions its needed.......it does carry a health warning of "beware of procrastination".

Time is an abstract on its own.....but IF positive actions are at play, time is required to fulfill those actions and it is then a tangible requirement.

However, IF there is no action or any intention of any action, time will serve as a distraction to the objective.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How so? Either way he won't want us to carry on as we are. Not with £100m+ already in the tank

The smart business decision for me would be to talk to RDM, find out directly from the Buddha's mouth exactly what he intends to do about this situation. Apply pressure where necessary. 

He won't allow this to continue IMO. Certainly not until Christmas. RDM is theoretically still on trial here, time (and the league table) waits for no man. 

I think if he sees this as a toy Dave he will wield the axe pretty quickly

If he sees this as an investment he will do as you suggest and try and stick with RDM a while longer.

I giess what I am trying to say is it is a sign of where his mindset is.  To be honest I'm not sure which I'd prefer as on the one hand I'd rather he saw the club as a serious investment to try and sustain and improve but on the other I want him to get rid of RDM as I do not believe he will get us promoted , this year or at all.  It pains me to say this but we have put together a squad most of whom are aware of what it takes to get up and experienced at championship,  we now need a manager to do the same and the ideal candidate is available much as I dont want him.

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Mark, RDM was not my choice of manager, but after 7 games as much as I have my doubts about his long term, It is an indictment on the club in many ways....even our judgement in recruitment.

He must sit down and explain to whoever, Tony, Wyness, Brian Little, Steve Round.....what exactly he sees from the games, how we have managed to let vital points slip and what plan he has to remedy it.

Only then will the powers that be have any idea of whether we have a builder or a charlatan.

If that has not already been done, but not reported to us

• Like 1

Just a thought....

We have spent heavily and when you do you must get it right, for obvious reasons.

Teams Like Blues/Huddersfield/Barnsley etc manage to find these players on Free's that put a shift in and can help you dig your way out. They appear really switched on managers, but is it because they can afford to play the " trial & error" game more than we can.....They can find these effective "grinders/warriors" for low fee's or free's

We have our share of the technical players.....should we not indulge in this market too?

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Steve Bruce lurking .

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

It terrifies me that some people want RDM gone when he hasn't even played 10 league games.

So many people willing to pull the trigger at first chance. 

The points are the points and they won't change, but they don't give you the whole story either. 

So then RDM needs to tell it....the whole story.

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It terrifies me that some people want RDM gone when he hasn't even played 10 league games.

The points are the points and they won't change, but they don't give you the whole story either. 

It terrified me that Dr Tony appointed RDM in the first place. The sooner he takes the corrective measures the better. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

It terrified me that Dr Tony appointed RDM in the first place. The sooner he takes the corrective measures the better. 

Nothing like giving someone an opportunity to prove you wrong though right?  I'm sure you know best :) 

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

We've suffered through 6 years of disappointment verging on utter despair and no matter how much you, me or anyone bangs the fresh start drum, you can't really blame people for being at the end of their tether. The decline hasn't stopped, regardless whether it has looked like it might at times this season. 

Also this is not a knock on anyone in particular but when you physically go through that emotional journey every week, home and away, and come out the other side a loser, again, over and over, it gets to you. It eats away at your soul. 

I'm not broken yet but having shaken off the numbness, I'm hurting. 

3 points on Saturday will see me right I'm sure.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The whole story should be pretty obvious.

Lots of new players in the team, new regime, new manager.  This is (not quite) elite level football, not a Sunday kick about or 5 a side.

Individually we seem pretty competent.  We're creating a lot of chances, we're not very efficient at scoring them - I think this will change in the coming weeks/months.

As a team it's pretty obvious we struggle when we come under pressure.  I don't think we have enough physicality in the CM position when Gardner and Westwood are there.  I'd feel much more comfortable with Jed/Tish as they are more physically imposing, and could help out the defence more.  Tish in particular is capable of taking the ball out of defence and into attack for example, Westwood and Gardner, not so much.

We've conceded a lot in the last 5/10 mins of games.  As previously mentioned, we have a lot of new players, some brought in after preseason, we're playing catch up fitness wise.  In the coming weeks/months this will improve.  Also last night, we were forced to make changes early due to injuries, had we had more options later in the game, we'd have been able to change something up, but we weren't afforded that opportunity.

The defence is new, the more they play, the tighter they will become. 

We might not go up this season, we might, I dunno.  But the reactions to the last couple of games is a bit silly I think, I think immature is probably the word, because they can't see past "Villa lost against Brenford", like Villa have some God given right to beat anyone. 

Give em' a chance.

I have not studied every team in the league, but I am pretty sure there are teams that have replaced most of their team and are having a better fist of things....in terms of hitting the ground running

Your arguments have merit.....buts lets hear it from the manager, lets hear his observations, lets hear his aspirations in feasible format, lets hear his difficulties from the "horses mouth"

If it takes time how long, when are we likely to see the green shoots of an improved performance of seeing a game out from a winning position.

I think, when your sign players on a free, that may take time to gel or improve....less so when the quality is better.

This is more of an observation than a criticism , but I think more muscle should have been sought in midfield.....we have one player that has been the common denominator through out these last 4 years ....just dubious of that.

If RDM came out and said we tried to do that, fair enough, because one window was a big ask.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â