Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

He has no experience of running a UK football club however, so I don't think it was ever nailed on he would create instant success. He has a lot to learn himself.

I wasn't actually blaming Dr Tony...he's done all I wanted in terms of recruitment.

Things are still going badly wrong though.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't understand what is happening....

Owner who has fresh ideas and ambition....proven promotion winning manager appointed.

Players signed who played key parts in promotion winning sides...Chester, Elphick, De Laet, Jedinak.

1 win in 5 and a terrible cup defeat.

And still the feeling the world's about to collapse when we concede a goal.

It's just like the premier league but it shouldn't be as we're not playing world class players every week so results like this are a bit more embarrasing. 

Edit: This was what I expected to happen if Lerner was still the owner!

We can't underestimate the amount of work that has been done so far.  As far as I've seen we have dominated games for at least a half but not had the ruthless streak to finish the game off and it's been costly.  At least we know for sure that we have bids in for players to help fix it.  This league is pretty unforgiving and it will take time, it's why I said I'd be happy with a late run into the playoffs with momentum as there will be teething problems.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If things don't him improve, I can see this guy being pretty ruthless.

Agreed he bombed out Gabby etc , if RMD isn't delivering he will be gone I have no doubt of that

Worst part about this is that if we continue to struggle this season Tony might either give up with investing so much money or just lose interest altogether.

Tonys in it for the long haul, but I'm fairly sure he'll be expecting at least a bit of an improvement from his investment so far. Today was just embarrasing

Dr T has done all he could have so far and more. The only one thing that I think he's made a mistake in is tweeting about how Ayew would be going knowhere. It was before the season started and since, except for some  good dribbling Ayew is yet to show why he's worth keeping, in fact his moody attitude and lack of willingness to play in others worrys me. I hope we don't just keep him because of that stance. Would prefer a replacement to play alongside RMc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blandy said:

I think that's a bit harsh, Peter.

Firstly, he's not actually addressing "criticism" he's addressing (by and large) unfounded accusations of naughtiness and unfounded allegations of deceptions etc.

Secondly he's not "trying to crush" anyone - he's basically saying "don't carry on making unfounded allegations and expect me not to respond in a way that the law of the land permits". Normally that would be "cease and desist" letter from his lawyer. - Hardly crushing anyone.

Nor is he using "vast wealth" in the way you say.

And I say that as a friend of Ian's.

You're quite right that access to lawyers and so on is far, far easier for the wealthy, and being faced with legal papers is harder for the likes of us, but one way to avoid that is not to post tenuous allegations, without the evidence to back them up, onto the internet, where they can be seen by everyone.

Well, perhaps I'm failing to understand something here.  What I can see from his timeline suggests the rumour he objects to is something about Chris Samuelson being connected to Recon, and he states that Samuelson was never related to Recon.

As people have shown in this thread, Companies House records show that Samuelson was appointed as a Recon director in May and removed in June, reappointed in July and removed again in August.  Since this is a matter of public record, it seems very strange to deny it, and odder still to threaten legal action.

Xia tweets.JPG

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

And again and again and again.

I was truly rocked by that result and the second half, from what I hear is a typical case us not been able to contain a team ready for the fight back.

We are changing players constantly, so i fail to see how it can be a player mental issue.....Why do we allow teams to pull us around.

We have a goal scoring issue, but we still could have won 0-1 and that would have been an indication of progress..... I still think our main issue is we cannot contain teams for significant periods of the game.

• Like 1

I think we need to remember that the midfield contained a player that's new to the set up and the other two have been problematic in terms of not providing enough quality going forwards or enough protection for the defence for some time. Once we have an all new midfield - Jedinak, Tshibola and the AM - maybe we will see a better looking side. 

• Like 2

Â