Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Would be good to get a translation of the article in that magazine as I still don't know a great deal about RECON

You can read through here: http://www.wzs.org.cn/zszz/zs_zz1701s/201701/t20170105_237743.shtml 

Trick is, you have to stop your browser from loading, otherwise it will hide the content (the article you want to read about RECON) and ask you to log in.

I will do a quick manual translation later after I finish my work

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Because a lot of Villa fans take who he is following as semi-confirmation of incoming players. 

Sure, but anybody daft enough to think we're on the verge of signing Alexis Sanchez is in greater need of a rubber room than a transfer speculation thread. 

I think implicit in the idea of 'trolling' here is tricking people. Xia isn't trolling, he's just following footballers he's interested in on Twitter. 

Tony is a modern man. Well into his tech, social media etc. Despite thinking he should tone down the 'be a MAN' stuff this is a good thing. Because football has evolved, football Twitter in particular is a behemoth. 

It's the future and we have an owner who embraces that. Good stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Tony is a modern man. Well into his tech, social media etc. Despite thinking he should tone down the 'be a MAN' stuff this is a good thing. Because football has evolved, football Twitter in particular is a behemoth. 

It's the future and we have an owner who embraces that. Good stuff.

The leader of the free world has decided to use twitter instead of the media - he copied Tony.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

By trolling he means playing up, surely? Trolling is not necessarily a negative thing. He would have noticed that we made a big deal about him following Lansbury, Hourihane and Bree. Then there was a whole thing about him following a Villa fan called Dan Bardell, who he had a little banter with about signing him for the bench. Then he follows two random world class footballers.

You kinda have to live on Villa Twitter to get the joke. He does interact with fans, read comments, get involved with the chat. He knows what he's doing and he's good at it to be fair. It's just a bit of fun. 

Fair enough. I've never heard of 'positive trolling' before but if you say it's a thing I believe you. I have absolutely no knowledge of what he, or any other Villa fan, are talking about on Twitter unless it's posted on here, so I shouldn't have entered the conversation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair enough. I've never heard of 'positive trolling' before but if you say it's a thing I believe you. I have absolutely no knowledge of what he, or any other Villa fan, are talking about on Twitter unless it's posted on here, so I shouldn't have entered the conversation. 

Haha that's ok, I was attempting to fill you in ;)

I use the troll gif all the time. It was always intended to be a playful movement, but it has been hijacked by the media to represent something far more sinister. 

Basically, anyone using the internet to be a **** word removed is labeled a troll these days, rather than what they are. A **** word removed. 

• Like 3

Â