Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And then throw money at Matt Damon to make shite films about the wall...

Might be shite but it has pretty much made its money back from the chinese cinema release alone, still to open in the USA/UK & most of europe and home releases to follow. Would expect it to end up making 200mil+ when all is said & done. expect to see more movies like this & last years Warcraft aimed towards the chinese market. Warcraft ended up taking about $450mil from a $160mil budget. Over half of this was taken in China alone.

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, DK82 said:

Westwood is actually a Cloverfield type monster. Awesome eh?

Westwood turns up to save the day by launching VT on his phone, but he brings an iPhone and hasn't cleared his cache so everyone dies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair enough. I've never heard of 'positive trolling' before but if you say it's a thing I believe you. I have absolutely no knowledge of what he, or any other Villa fan, are talking about on Twitter unless it's posted on here, so I shouldn't have entered the conversation. 

Just to go back to this, I think the media have changed the perception of the term "trolling".

They often use it, incorrectly imo, to refer to online bullies, the kind of people who abuse others over the internet.

That's not trolling, that's just bullying.

Trolling, to me, is deliberately posting something with the sole intention of gaining a reaction. That can be negative (posting for effect on VT, for example) or it can be positive, in so much as it's light hearted.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just to go back to this, I think the media have changed the perception of the term "trolling".

They often use it, incorrectly imo, to refer to online bullies, the kind of people who abuse others over the internet.

That's not trolling, that's just bullying.

Trolling, to me, is deliberately posting something with the sole intention of gaining a reaction. That can be negative (posting for effect on VT, for example) or it can be positive, in so much as it's light hearted.

Agreed the media have completely distorted the meaning of the word because they were too lazy, stupid, out of touch to actually know what they were talking about.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Agreed the media have completely distorted the meaning of the word because they were too lazy, stupid, out of touch to actually know what they were talking about.

Feel free to tell it how it is next time Trent :D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're talking sh#t. 

:trollface:

Â