Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Tony's tweets are like chicken soup for the soul.......he's back online, phew!!

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia?lang=en-gb

Q. @Dr_TonyXia great to see you so involved on social media and communicating with the fans! Where do you see the club realistically in 5years?

A. Dr_TonyXia Get back - stay - stay top - become great.
Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep agreed it's been a good start and I fully expect a few more signings before the window shuts. Yes we haven't signed as many as we wanted but that'll come 

Pretty much how I see it. I'd also wager they're looking at the right targets, some of whom may have slipped through the net or may yet need convincing, rather than just snapping up numbers.

• Like 2

Tony has replaced Samulson with Tracy Gu. That should make all the conspiracy theorists happy. But he is now on Recon's board. Pretty much what some people thought - that he wasn't here for villa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I think it's worth reminding some that Dr. X has been here for about 6 weeks (14th Jun IIRC). The transfer window has almost as long again to go before it closes.

However, in that time, he has installed an experienced CEO in Wyness, assembled his board, hired a CL winning manager and back-room team, set-up an academy in India, laid out his plans and continues to converse via Twitter and Weibo whilst having spent the second highest amount in our league with the promise of more to come. In 6 weeks!

This, to me, is light years away from the last guy, yet some still aren't happy. If we can see we're in need to strengthening still, then I'm sure RDM can see it too and the Dr. has said he'll back him. 

So far, he's been good to his word.

And pr0's database on Football Manager say his Business is 8...

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I think it's worth reminding some that Dr. X has been here for about 6 weeks (14th Jun IIRC). The transfer window has almost as long again to go before it closes.

However, in that time, he has installed an experienced CEO in Wyness, assembled his board, hired a CL winning manager and back-room team, set-up an academy in India, laid out his plans and continues to converse via Twitter and Weibo whilst having spent the second highest amount in our league with the promise of more to come. In 6 weeks!

This, to me, is light years away from the last guy, yet some still aren't happy. If we can see we're in need to strengthening still, then I'm sure RDM can see it too and the Dr. has said he'll back him. 

So far, he's been good to his word.

This is a great post mate and put things into perspective.

I can sense myself getting impatient at times but this post as given me a nice big slap round the chops so thanks :)

It is easy to forget Xia has been here for a very short amount of time and inherited a shambles. Same goes for Di Matteo. It is going to take a good while to right the many wrongs but progress is being made. We are going to have to show patience though as there will be no quick fix but if Xia is true to his words we will get there.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I can sense myself getting impatient at times but this post as given me a nice big slap round the chops so thanks :)

It is easy to forget Xia has been here for a very short amount of time and inherited a shambles. Same goes for Di Matteo. It is going to take a good while to right the many wrongs but progress is being made. We are going to have to show patience though as there will be no quick fix.

Same here. I think I've expected too much too soon, it's easy to forget how short a time he's been here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is easy to forget Xia has been here for a very short amount of time and inherited a shambles. Same goes for Di Matteo. It is going to take a good while to right the many wrongs but progress is being made. We are going to have to show patience though as there will be no quick fix but if Xia is true to his words we will get there.

In fairness, most of the appointments were probably done and dusted longer than 6 weeks ago.

It is however important to remember the latter Lerner years and the abysmal summer windows. With Dr Xia we have hope, with Lerner we had none. It will take more than 1 window to sort this mess out.

There is a chance of a quick fix. We have money with more to come through sales. Spent wisely, its possible to get back up at the first attempt.

• Like 1

Â