Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

He was kicking off before the spat with black iirc sure he was spouting garbage about the CL before bacuna was but got away with it

if he doesn't want to be here then get rid, that simple IMO he's not good enough to try and make him stay, anywhere near £5m and we should snap people's hand off

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why? I'm sure there were others they could've asked as to what happened.

Well, Okore was never fined by the club. Disagreements between manager and player happen. But if a player refused to be on the bench, as Black claimed, I cannot understand why the club didn't react.

5 minutes ago, TB said:

Well, Okore was never fined by the club. Disagreements between manager and player happen. But if a player refused to be on the bench, as Black claimed, I cannot understand why the club didn't react.

Because the club was a shambles.. Gabby wasn't fined for a lot of things, doesn't mean it didn't happen

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He was kicking off before the spat with black iirc sure he was spouting garbage about the CL before bacuna was but got away with it

if he doesn't want to be here then get rid, that simple IMO he's not good enough to try and make him stay, anywhere near £5m and we should snap people's hand off

Not this again... Badly translated article from a Danish interview. Bacuna's comments were also badly mangled online. Why is it that every Villa fan pooh-poohs online news except when they may slate their own players? I'm confused.

Give them grief when they're not doing the job on the pitch.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He is not playing about at all is he?

I remember one of his interviews shortly after he took over, and a line that really stood out for me was something along the lines of

'If i want something i go and get it'

That one line filled me with optimism.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Because the club was a shambles.. Gabby wasn't fined for a lot of things, doesn't mean it didn't happen

You really think that the club was that much of a shambles that when the acting manager was publicly criticizing a player for refusing to be a part of the squad they wouldn't react?

OK. a real shambles, then.

13 minutes ago, TB said:

Give them grief when they're not doing the job on the pitch.

Well neither player was really doing the job on the pitch were they?

9 minutes ago, TB said:

You really think that the club was that much of a shambles that when the acting manager was publicly criticizing a player for refusing to be a part of the squad they wouldn't react?

OK. a real shambles, then.

Yes I do believe that the job was an absolute shambles, I have no evidence to prove this, but as fan looking on from the outside, it appears we let the players get away with anything they wanted.

That's fair enough, but I wasn't giving my opinion on the Okore situation so wasn't believing anything from the papers... You said that you'd be disappointed if Dr Xia is believing Eric Black's version of events. My point was that there are other people (Cowans etc) who were at the club at the same time and could've given RdM and Dr Xia the low down on what happened and thus giving them the opportunity to make up their own minds on how they want to proceed re the likes of Okore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well neither player was really doing the job on the pitch were they?

Yes I do believe that the job was an absolute shambles, I have no evidence to prove this, but as fan looking on from the outside, it appears we let the players get away with anything they wanted.

No, they were not. Agreed. But then again, hardly anyone in the squad were. A shambles altogether. I believe that this squad shouldn't be relegated. Near the bottom end, yes. A proper manager in charge that could unify the squad, decide on a playing style and tactics, and giving them a proper pre-season might have changed things.

And for your second paragraph: I would amend this to 'it appears we let some players get away with anything they wanted'. Don't you think that would add to the frustration levels of anyone in the squad that really wanted to perform in a professional manner?

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

That's fair enough, but I wasn't giving my opinion on the Okore situation so wasn't believing anything from the papers... You said that you'd be disappointed if Dr Xia is believing Eric Black's version of events. My point was that there are other people (Cowans etc) who were at the club at the same time and could've given RdM and Dr Xia the low down on what happened and thus giving them the opportunity to make up their own minds on how they want to proceed re the likes of Okore.

OK, I see. I was thinking more of RDM, not Dr Xia, really. I don't really want to think that Dr Xia is involved in who to keep and who to sell. As for other people in the club at the same time: we don't really know, do we? If it was a show-down on the training grounds: fair enough, that would have been rather public. But I'd think your average Dane (not knowing Okore is!) wouldn't have this out in public: he'd seek out his manager in private and ask to have a word. Then it's one's word against the other's. If any witnesses were at hand and Okore was at fault I cannot understand why he wasn't fined. The fact that he wasn't suggests to me that the club knows it's word against word.

Sooner he comes of twitter the better. Some of the questions asked by fans are toe curling embarrassing...."why don't you buy Benteke back" etc.

I'm sure he'll wise up soon when those 'happy' with him being on twitter end up being the same who send him a load of  abuse when we lose a match.

Probably best for him and all involved if he just sticks to posting stuff about the club and blocks replies from non-approved accounts. . 

Edited by Holtern8

Tony only follows 33 people and a lot of them are fan clubs or famous villans. He follows 12 players, 3 of them being our new signings.

Baker, Westwood, Grealish, Gestede, Clark, Green, Hepburn, Amavi, Ayew are the 9, plus Tshibola, Elphick and Gollini. Dont think there's too much to go on there. 

Nothing to read into because that tweet is not true. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Not for me after the crap he said and apparently done towards the end of last season. He thinks he is Paul McGrath but he could even tie his boots

Sorry, I've been drinking and I'm pretty sure you skipped a moderately important word.  Are you Sloshed or NOT?

Interesting seeing a few tweets to Tony complaining about AVTV issues and he has retweeted to Wyness, basically telling him to get it fixed. 

• Like 1

Â