Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What is it they say, no such thing as bad publicity. I have no idea what Xia is going on about but it keeps getting us column inches. I like it. Keep it up Tone

Yeah.

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What is it they say, no such thing as bad publicity. I have no idea what Xia is going on about but it keeps getting us column inches. I like it. Keep it up Tone

PLOT TWIST: Xia is a Twitter genius and is faking a personality to get articles written over the world. Secretly he is a trillionaire with a much more sinister outlook on life.

• Like 2

He's desperate to impress and get fans on his side - and I think that has led to a few own goals. 

Of course all he really needs to do to get the majority of fans on his side is bring in a number of good quality players who will give us a chance of maybe getting promotion. At the moment we are looking at six or seven sides being much better than ourselves quality wise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

He's desperate to impress and get fans on his side - and I think that has led to a few own goals. 

Of course all he really needs to do to get the majority of fans on his side is bring in a number of good quality players who will give us a chance of maybe getting promotion. At the moment we are looking at six or seven sides being much better than ourselves quality wise.

Name them...and I mean who are 'much' better?

22 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I too thought we'd see a flurry of activity right from the get go, but I realised that that was my own arbitrary expectations, and not the failings of the club.

I think the general lack of movement in the transfer market from all the clubs around us is hampering our activity and, yes, it would have been nice to have had the squad in place before the big KO, but we're all in the same boat.

We'll probably see more ins and outs at Derby, Wolves, Forrest, Brighton and even Newcastle in a similar fashion to us.

3 in so far with the "promise" of a striker and someone to load the bullets (or something), plus players leaving to be completed in a time frame almost as long as Tony's been at the club. I'm sure he'll get things done.

We all know what needs doing and more importantly so does Tony and that bit is reassuring.

what we don't know is how long these things take.....we just have to trust him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gil? Guzan nailed on. Gana the same. 

There's your 3?

Not really . Gill went on 22nd. Xia commented  3 or 4 by the end of this week on 24th

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not really . Gill went on 22nd. Xia commeted  3 or 4 by the end of this week on 24th

He said 3-4 would he told they weren't needed. Did he guarantee they would all be sold this week? What if the hold up is to do with the buying club? For someone so desperate to get rid of the last guy you're not giving this one a chance. Seems you just want to have a moan at whoever runs the club 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Meh. 

If it's only 2. Meh. 

If it takes another couple of days... meh. 

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He said 3-4 would he told they weren't needed. Did he guarantee they would all be sold this week? What if the hold up is to do with the buying club? For someone so desperate to get rid of the last guy you're not giving this one a chance. Seems you just want to have a moan at whoever runs the club 

but but but, that's not what want...

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

Name them...and I mean who are 'much' better?

OK Mr Mammoth.

I'd say Norwich, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday (who have made two more good signings today), Derby, Leeds (who are a catastrophe off the pitch but have made some astute purchases this summer including manager) and Brighton are better football teams than our sorry excuse showed last season. I'd also suggest that should the talk around Wolves be correct they'll soon be another one to add to the list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

OK Mr Mammoth.

I'd say Norwich, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday (who have made two more good signings today), Derby, Leeds (who are a catastrophe off the pitch but have made some astute purchases this summer including manager) and Brighton are better football teams than our sorry excuse showed last season. I'd also suggest that should the talk around Wolves be correct they'll soon be another one to add to the list.

What if we make three more good signings tomorrow?

Football is a fast moving beast, everything can change in the blink of an eye. I don't think anybody is suggesting that things are fine if we are done as we are, only that patience is a virtue. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes I wanted Lerner out . I started criticising him about 6 years ago as I thought he was wrong for the club . How did that work out ?  In terms of giving xia a chance I will criticise him when what he says proves not to be true or what he says puts us in the news for the wrong reasons , he is not exempt from that purely because he is not randy Lerner 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What if we make three more good signings tomorrow?

Football is a fast moving beast, everything can change in the blink of an eye. I don't think anybody is suggesting that things are fine if we are done as we are, only that patience is a virtue. 

I can accept you quoting the big players in the division, I disagree with the quote of 'much' better than us bar probably Newcastle, not having a pop or being pedantic but think you're exaggerating massively Mr Pilchard.

What if we make three more good signings tomorrow

If we make three good signings tomorrow, then we should all be happy and subject to being in he right areas and replacing the worst players in our squad, then I'd say we might be able to look at the squad in a different way. Wednesday have also signed Fletcher on a free who I suspect will out score any of our 'strikers' we have in the squad.

But quite frankly, I can't see into the future and nor can you so we can only look at the teams as they are now and asking such a question remains with others such as 'what if we only sign one player, but it's messi?' or 'what if every other team in the league gets bought by the Chinese goverment?'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

but but but, that's not what want...

Actually what I want is for actions not words and if he is going to give words for the actions to support those words 

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

If we make three good signings tomorrow, then we should all be happy and subject to being in he right areas and replacing the worst players in our squad, then I'd say we might be able to look at the squad in a different way. Wednesday have also signed Fletcher on a free who I suspect will out score any of our 'strikers' we have in the squad.

But quite frankly, I can't see into the future and nor can you so we can only look at the teams as they are now and asking such a question remains with others such as 'what if we only sign one player, but it's messi?' or 'what if every other team in the league gets bought by the Chinese goverment?'

Not really. One is a legitimate possibility. The questions you pose are not. 

I am already beginning to suspect that Uncle Tony is full of shit. Haggling with Celtic for 500k, not paying Sanchez a little sweetener to **** off.

Season kicks off in a few weeks and we are still dicking about. Cut our losses, **** them off and build a new team that isn't full of losers.

• Like 4

Â