England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

I'd leave out Barkley and Wilshere, but i think Roy will leave Barkley and Drinkwater. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He'll take wilshere and he'll start him

First game vs Russia wilshere and Henderson will be starting, two midfielders struggling for fitness...and we'll wonder where it goes wrong...

Think sturridge will miss out and probably Townsend but both have the media backing, I really wouldn't be surprised if he dropped drinkwater

I didn't watch the game, but reading reports wasn't Drinkwater crap? I mean, with only 2 caps and one a crap performance, he can hardly be surprised if he gets left behind. 

I don't mind Wilshere playing, I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as everyone else on here seems to think. Don't rate Henderson and Barkley is massively out of form so I don't mind if either of them don't make it either. 

Drinkwater has looked shite and out of place in both of his caps, so has done himself no favours despite having a great season and being vastly superior to Henderson (for club). That said Henderson is just a pointless bag of shit. 

• Like 1

i would probably choose sturridge over rashford. Even with his injuries. (taking 5 like villachris said seems fine given rooney is basically a AM nowadays). Sturridge ability to score goals out of nothing just seems way more important than an up'n'coming young kid whos going to be all kind of inconsistent for 20 mins a game. Just try manage him off the pitch so he can be used as a sub, not for someone whos going to be playing 90 mins every game.

I think we will line up exactly same way as we did against turkey And just play super safe to start of with playing 4-5-1. No idea whos going to get dropped for rooney though, basically pushing ali or rooney on the right which blows if he drops sterling..

Said at start FB's it doesnt even matter who plays theyre all similar...but i think bertrand > rose now

Edited by gharperr

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Our team seems to do that to players.  Which is why if people can't see what we've got in Amavi then I really can't help them, nor do I want to try, frankly.

Indeed.

Funnily enough, this discussion seems to overlap a little with the current discussion in the Grealish thread, where at least two posters seem to be genuinely arguing that organisations don't have cultures or that if they do they don't effect the people working in them. 

Bertrand might be another example of the falsity of that argument. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Our team seems to do that to players.  Which is why if people can't see what we've got in Amavi then I really can't help them, nor do I want to try, frankly.

Agreed, even Walker, having started impressively, started to look close to average by the time his loan finished here.

Full backs are much of a muchness but from what I've seen Walker and Rose will fly up and down the pitch whereas Clyne and Bertrand are your more safety first pair so which pair start v Russia will give indication of the style of play I think although guess it depends on the midfield aswell.

The full backs are important because we have no proper width up top, it'll all come through them, sterling and Townsend with drift in, Rooney, lallana, Milner will drift out there but they aren't wingers

We'll play with overlapping fullbacks high up the pitch, to be fair to him dier can read the game really well from what I've seen and provide cover, not sure if the others can

I haven't really checked the routes in the knock outs as just too many scenarios e.g. winner of group will play a 3rd place team. Much easier to plan a route when it was simply group winner to play 2nd place team etc.

Who are England likely to play if they win the group?

Group F would be Austria or Portugal. Portugal are England bogey team and Austria are the darkest of dark horses in this tournament and have a top class midfielder in Alaba

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Group F would be Austria or Portugal. Portugal are England bogey team and Austria are the darkest of dark horses in this tournament and have a top class midfielder in Alaba

Would be better for them to play one of them as they could play one of turkey group and thats a tough group

Dropping Drinkwater but keeping Wilshere (I rate him but he's crocks easily and hasn't played much this season) and bloody Ross Barkley? Mental.

Should have dropped Delph, Townsend and Barkley.

Edited by Ginko

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Dropping Drinkwater but keeping Wilshere (I rate him but he's crocks easily and hasn't played much this season) and bloody Ross Barkley? Mental.

Should have dropped Delph, Townsend and Barkley.

I agree, but watching Drinkwater play, he looked way out of his depth! Wilshere, if fit can play. Its definitely a gamble but I'd have a fit Wilshere over Drinkwater by far.

• Like 1