England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think for once this england side may get to QF at least, finally ahve some real good players like vardy, kane, ali etc Not relying on reputation players like gerrard, lampard and that oaf rooney

For once?

QF must be our most regular exit point for International tournaments. Certainly in the last 20 years or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

For once?

QF must be our most regular exit point for International tournaments. Certainly in the last 20 years or so.

I said at least. I thin I think England could get in the semis quite easily with this squad of players if they want it, we finally have a decent manager better than capello, that fool mclaren and sven. 

the only sides I think can cause us problems are france, germany and maybe Italy. Spain are finished, Holland are hit and miss and I think we on paper are better than them

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I said at least. I thin I think England could get in the semis quite easily with this squad of players if they want it, we finally have a decent manager better than capello, that fool mclaren and sven

the only sides I think can cause us problems are france, germany and maybe Italy. Spain are finished, Holland are hit and miss and I think we on paper are better than them

I rate Hodgson a lot but this quote has to be a joke

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

For once?

Demglish man.  In English it didn't make sense but ... y'know :P 

• Like 1

As for England's prospects.  I agree with those who are nervous about Roy because for once I don't think the players will be the weak point.  Not only are there some genuine quality players but many are going in bang on form.  Hell even Rooney has started to look a player in the last few weeks.  Co-incidence?  Probably not.  But for the first time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to seeing how England do.  I just hope Woy can remove his own shackles and play players on their merit and not on their past 'glories'(sic).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I rate Hodgson a lot but this quote has to be a joke

Capello did so well for England didnt he? Not interested in his club achievements, the only joke was Capello getting a new contract

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Capello did so well for England didnt he? Not interested in his club achievements, the only joke was Capello getting a new contract

England lost as many games at last World Cup as they did in Capello reign in competitive games

If Hodgson fails to get out of the group this time then he has to go. Minimum for him should be quarters. Just watched the bbc 66 boys documentary. Now Sir Alf was a man who didn't give a shit who he upset. Took on the FA and got what he wanted. Left out probably our best striker ever in Jimmy Greaves in the final. But even he had to go when we failed to qualify for the 74 world cup. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

England lost as many games at last World Cup as they did in Capello reign in competitive games

Much poorer generation of players though wasn't it?

Don Fabio had Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Rio, Terry, Cole etc all had their peak pretty much, Woy had them well past their best.

That and the group was Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica. A bit more tricky than Algeria, Slovenia and U.S.A.

• Like 2

On 23/05/2016 at 18:54, villa4europe said:

Capello was a scape goat for the media picking the team and our "world class superstars" doing **** all because they knew where the finger would be pointed

His biggest problem was not having big enough balls

Certainly, I can remember everyone screaming for Heskey to go to the 2010 World Cup..

His problem was he had no **** balls. Got to the World Cup, shit his pants, played Emile Heskey up top and hoofed it like a word removed.

Edited by rodders0223

I'm not English, but I'm really looking forward to watching England in the Euros this summer. Kind of excited to see what type of set up Hodgson does, but knowing him he will botch it all.

What striking duo or a lone striker does he use? Good choice to have, especially with the strikers he has at his disposal that are on form. Also, what midfield set up does he use and who fills the roles? I certainly wouldn't start Rooney, I think he is one of the most overrated players in the world currently! He has experience, but I feel he throws off the chemistry with some of the English players.

Still have my bet for France/Germany to win it. But England can be an outside shout if Hodgson gets it right (very unlikely)!