Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I thought that. It's a bit of a insult to be honest. Even Norwich are 66-1! Even Derby are 40-1, how we can be deemed more likely to go down than Derby, I don't know. 

Because as things stand Derby are better than us.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ah but my argument is not a comparative one. Derby at 40/1 is ridiculous too. 

We're probably about right in the pecking order, but as a gambling man I'm not tempted by any of the odds from about Wolves down, which to me means there is something wrong. 

That's because you aren't a degenerate :) Many are though!

It's hardly worth getting into a tiss about really, we're roughly mid table from those odds which tbh as things stand isn't out of the question as we still have a lot of question marks in areas.

I actually think we might be a bit similar to Sunderland in 2006.

They bombed from the prem with about 15 points and started championship with 4 straight defeats. Then got new takeover and Roy Keane as manager and waltzed the championship after xmas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's hardly worth getting into a tiss about really, we're roughly mid table from those odds which tbh as things stand isn't out of the question as we still have a lot of question marks in areas.

They bombed from the prem with about 15 points and started championship with 4 straight defeats. Then got new takeover and Roy Keane as manager and waltzed the championship after xmas.

I'll take that, although the four straight defeats won't be much fun. 

I know, I'm not saying that it's a fact that the form of last season will continue, I'm sure things will improve, just saying that the bookmakers are factoring in the possibility of us not being able to stop the rot, when working out their odds on us getting relegated.

Edited by useless

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

I understand how they make the odds, I just think they're not factoring in the new ownership/management and the effect that that could have.

but they also factor in that we havent shipped the crap from last season that are still with us

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

they also lost 1st 3 games of the season. VillaTalk will go mad by that stage :P

I still believe we need 4-5 players before the season starts.

We will need to get 2 wingers, a right back, and two strikers. I also wouldn't mind another experienced championship central midfielder.

We are 3 weeks away from the opening game, i am beginning to worry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We will need to get 2 wingers, a right back, and two strikers. I also wouldn't mind another experienced championship central midfielder.

I cant see us signing this many now, although I hope I'm proven wrong. I can take some comfort in the fact we have some decent youngsters in the squad though. Whether it's enough though I'm not so sure.

Massive amount of job still to be done.

Still fairly confident we have the right people and support to give us a fighting chance to achieve that thou.

I'm remaining optimistic, it's a long season and I won't be panicking if we lose a few early on. I believe we have a solid management set up and a postive, wealthy, ambitious owner. It's hard to predict at this stage but I think we'll do well. 

I think we'll see the likes of Richards, Sinclair, Sanchez, Traore and Bacuna move along within the week or so and then a few newer faces in their place by the start of the season. Hopefully we'll manage to offload Gabby, Lescott and a few others by the end of the window too.

RDM is flying to Beijing later for a press conference and will no doubt speak about his plans with Dr X.

4 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I agree with the amount of players we need to recruit but we've got 6 weeks. By the end of August we'll know how a lot of our players fair in this league. We need a big squad of equal players. I've faith that if we can't ship out the few we want rid of DR Xia will still finance the recruitment side. Get a goalscorer in ASAP then sort the rest in the next 6 weeks. 

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There's still 129 points to play for....:D

Yep, but that's how it's going to feel like :). We're fragile, and the more "old" players we keep, the more fragile we are.

What i'm saying is that we HAVE TO prevent those early losses from happening to have a good season. We're not in a good position to come from behind (after the horror of last season).

Edited by AVTuco
Needed a smiley.
  • Like 1

Â