Season Tickets 2016/17

lmarsha_926

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Unable to make mid week home games of which there would be many.

That's the shitter about it all for me.  I've been working away from home most weeks, all week, for nearly 10 years.  That isn't about to change, so I will miss a lot of games but I'll still get one like a fool.

i live 40 minutes down the road and it takes circa 2 hours to get to a mid week game, last one was everton, left site in worcester just after 5, turned round and went home after being sat in about an hour of traffic and making it as far as oldbury

i didnt do it because i was on holiday but the 2 blokes i sit with every game did the utd game on the friday night, left kiddy at 5.30, got to their seats in about the 20th minute of the game

id suggest getting the train instead but a return to aston for me is about £10 and the train from brum to kiddy would be 11pm, it'd take me 2 hours to get home after a game

mid week games are an absolute ball ache

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i live 40 minutes down the road and it takes circa 2 hours to get to a mid week game, last one was everton, left site in worcester just after 5, turned round and went home after being sat in about an hour of traffic and making it as far as oldbury

i didnt do it because i was on holiday but the 2 blokes i sit with every game did the utd game on the friday night, left kiddy at 5.30, got to their seats in about the 20th minute of the game

id suggest getting the train instead but a return to aston for me is about £10 and the train from brum to kiddy would be 11pm, it'd take me 2 hours to get home after a game

Getting to and from VP is the worst part about a game for me. I know it's not the club's fault and it's similar at plenty of other grounds around the country, but it is off putting.

I went to the Bernabeau for a game recently and getting to and from the ground was so ridiculously easy it actually annoyed me!

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That Man Utd game was really bad traffic because it was the day that a FedEx lorry crashed and the M6 was closed. I work in the city centre, left work at 5.30 that day and missed the first 5 minutes of the game. Never seen traffic like that ever.

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You know what is funny though as I agree with the time, for the Everton game me and my mate were late leaving (From Stourbridge) left at 7pm got in our seats before the game kicked off.

50% off and Id consider it. Too many midweek games, the extra games are hardly appealing. VP will be dead next year.

Picking and choosing unless we get Moyes/Takeover. I was fooled this year as I liked Sherwood and got two STs planning to sell a ticket for each game to a friend, I can't even give them away it's been that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

50% off and Id consider it. Too many midweek games, the extra games are hardly appealing. VP will be dead next year.

Picking and choosing unless we get Moyes/Takeover. I was fooled this year as I liked Sherwood and got two STs planning to sell a ticket for each game to a friend, I can't even give them away it's been that bad.

That was your first mistake ;)

My ticket has gone down by £20 (from £615 to £595). But the Villa Cash I get has gone down by £12.90. So I save £7.10 and get a free cup game along with 4 extra league games. That is about £17.10 better than the no change in price that I had anticipated (given the cup game may well be £10 rather than the full amount for say a LCSF ).

It would have been nice to have seen a discount to ST holders who have had to sit through this awful season or even to ST holders of say 5 years standing. I also think under 18s and young adults should be charged significantly less to try to attract future fans and would have thought a 15% overall reduction in ST costs would have shown some understanding of the drop in the standard of football we will be getting along with the fact that we will see very few of our games take place on Saturday at 3pm. Still this is Aston Villa...    

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

Have they said anything about opening up trinity upper on a game requirement basis?

It would be stupid to have it closed when we play blues for example at that would be a sell out. 

Or is that when the staff redundancies comes into play, can't be opened as no staff to run it? 

I am not sure? Perhaps they have to register the capacity to the football league  and police at the start of the season. I hope not, and I hope that they can open it in the last 5-10 games when we are chasing at least a play off spot. But that is being optimistic.

49 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not sure? Perhaps they have to register the capacity to the football league  and police at the start of the season. I hope not, and I hope that they can open it in the last 5-10 games when we are chasing at least a play off spot. But that is being optimistic.

Which bits optimistic? Opening the stand or us chasing play-offs :)

I knew they wouldn't come down much. the big clubs prices in the championship are always the most expensive and in reality are pricing them at lower end premier league prices. We was one of the cheapest teams in the prem but now we are one of the most expensive in the championship. No shock really and I still think we will get good crowds.

All the abuse, PR smoke & mirrors, on field off field crap & disrespect and and yet people still buy season tickets. What is the point of moaning if your just going to continue giving and encourage nothing to change?

What incentive does the club have to change? A minimal discount after relegation and still you buy a season ticket. 

Well timed 'take over talks' suddenly come out as ticket prices are released?

At least wait for something to change, bad attitudes to change, mercenaries to leave, new ownership, anything first, just wait. Don't give Randy your money just yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

All the abuse, PR smoke & mirrors, on field off field crap & disrespect and and yet people still buy season tickets. What is the point of moaning if your just going to continue giving and encourage nothing to change?

What incentive does the club have to change? A minimal discount after relegation and still you buy a season ticket. 

At least wait for something to change, bad attitudes to change, mercenaries to leave, new ownership, anything first, just wait. Don't give Randy your money just yet. 

As a season ticket holder I believe I hold the right to moan. So I will. :P

I know everyone views fans differently, and what makes a better fan argument etc (i have no desire to go into that), but personally I feel that I only have any kind of right to moan about how the club is being run, whilst I'm a supporter of it (and by supporter I mean putting money into the club through season tickets etc). To me, if I didn't renew and keep supporting the club, moaning and wanting change would feel hollow. But that's just how I view it, everyone is different. 

Edited by PieFacE

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5516195,00.html

The Club would like to thank all those fans who attended Thursday evening's displacement meeting for Trinity Road Upper and North Stand Lower season ticket holders.

At the meeting, we were asked to consider the price of tickets in Holte End Lower in order to offer comparable seating for those affected by North Stand Lower changes.

As a direct result of that meeting, the Club can confirm that they have increased the number of economy priced tickets in the Holte End Lower, in order to accommodate more affordable seating [£290 including displacement contribution] for those affected by the changes.

These seats are only available to those affected by the changes until May 31 and on general sale thereafter.

Once again, we would like to thank all those who attended the meeting for their time.

18 hours ago, Junxs said:

Have they said anything about opening up trinity upper on a game requirement basis?

It would be stupid to have it closed when we play blues for example at that would be a sell out. 

Or is that when the staff redundancies comes into play, can't be opened as no staff to run it? 

Don't think SHA will sell out unless we're top of the league or thereabouts. The Carling cup game only attracted about 33k didn't it?

That said if we're challenging for promotion 2nd half of the season I do think crowds will pick up significantly from probably around 30k so think it would be opened again for the run in.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

As shit as we are, as awful as we are to watch, as painful as every Saturday is...

... I still want to watch Aston Villa. Every week.

A season ticket is the only way to do that next season.

I'm not giving Randy my money. I'm giving the club my money. Randy's been hit in his pocket. Big time. It doesn't make a difference.
If there was some sort of organised boycott, then I'd participate. But me buying a season ticket isn't going to make a blind bit of difference either way.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That assumes forward planning by the club...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Do season ticket count for the play offs or do you have to pay extra?

No that game would be extra. I admire your confidence but who knows we might go up as one of the top 2 or miss out on the play-off's by an odd point or thirty? ;)   

Â