Season Tickets 2016/17

lmarsha_926

Does anyone on here have, or know someone who has, an Over 65 Season Ticket?

If so, I'm trying to find out if the light flashes a different colour when going through the turnstile? I'm sure it does for an U21 ticket.

The reason I'm asking is that my mate who I normally go with is not renewing because of saving for a wedding/honeymoon. Half the people I've asked to have his seat don't want it, and the other half are miserable fans I'd rather not sit with :D So I'm looking into buying my seat as normal, but then buying an extra seat next to me (say, in my Grandad's name), and then my girlfriend or any mates can pick and chose as and when they want to come to the odd game. I'm wondering if they'd get stopped at the turnstiles if the ST indicated it should be an Over 65 person.

Thoughts anyone?

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

If so, I'm trying to find out if the light flashes a different colour when going through the turnstile? I'm sure it does for an U21 ticket.

The reason I'm asking is that my mate who I normally go with is not renewing because of saving for a wedding/honeymoon. Half the people I've asked to have his seat don't want it, and the other half are miserable fans I'd rather not sit with :D So I'm looking into buying my seat as normal, but then buying an extra seat next to me (say, in my Grandad's name), and then my girlfriend or any mates can pick and chose as and when they want to come to the odd game. I'm wondering if they'd get stopped at the turnstiles if the ST indicated it should be an Over 65 person.

Thoughts anyone?

Concessions flash up yellow , the full price tickets come up green , case of taking your chances i spose , i did see someone stopped earlier in the season , but its the only time i have.

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Thoughts anyone?

It's easy to upgrade your concession ticket on the day or in advance. Probably better than posting about fraud in public :)

• Like 3

It's easy to upgrade your concession ticket on the day or in advance. Probably better than posting about fraud in public [emoji4]

So you're saying if you're not sure you can make all the games but want a ST for the extra benefits like cup and away games, buy the cheap one then simply upgrade the games you can make beforehand? Interesting

5 minutes ago, weedman said:

So you're saying if you're not sure you can make all the games but want a ST for the extra benefits like cup and away games, buy the cheap one then simply upgrade the games you can make beforehand? Interesting

I think you still need to "register" (for want of a better word) the ticket with a real person before hand. So you couldn't just buy a random over 6 ticket. You'd have to buy it for, say, your grandad/father and then upgrade it if anyone else wanted to use it.

12 minutes ago, weedman said:

Like Stevo says, yes. But you have to meet the qualifying criteria for the seat that isn't yours. Find a friend with a young kid and that friend can provide whatever proof is needed by the club. You just upgrade it to an adult on the day (or in advance).

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Thoughts anyone?

Would flash orange

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you still need to "register" (for want of a better word) the ticket with a real person before hand. So you couldn't just buy a random over 6 ticket. You'd have to buy it for, say, your grandad/father and then upgrade it if anyone else wanted to use it.

Watch it guys, I'm a triple grandfather and only 53...grrrr.......not the same as being over 65 !!

My mum is over 65 (officially, unofficially she's in her 40s I think, she may even be younger than me), I'm sure she's always dreamed of sitting in the Holte End! Great advice cheers guys

Also - would that apply to away/cup games also? Just buy the full priced ticket for that game using my mum's ST?

Concessions flash up yellow , the full price tickets come up green , case of taking your chances i spose , i did see someone stopped earlier in the season , but its the only time i have.

Thanks for the answer matty. Better than answers about fraud and other shit.

On 28/04/2016 at 14:21, Stevo985 said:

Done. Season Ticket Holder for the first time ever.

It's going to be **** brilliant!

I hope your S/T adventure is a happier one overall than mine turned out to be. 

VT, I have a dark and terrible secret that has long hung over my head. I'm afraid the clubs current predicament is entirely down to me. 

I attended many home games over the years with family since around 95, and having finished uni and finding proper full time employment in 07,  I could afford to get to games under my own steam. Fortunately for me this coincided with happy times under mon. Then, with a new season almost upon us, I took the dive and bought a season ticket more or less at the last minute. I sat in my seat for the first time in a home friendly against Valencia. I wanted to wave to the bespectacled Irishman, but I didn't see him.  

Days later he walked. It was all my fault. I had jinxed it. 

I kept my ST for 5 more seasons of pain, suffering, and torment. I'm sorry everyone :(

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hogso said:

I hope your S/T adventure is a happier one overall than mine turned out to be. 

VT, I have a dark and terrible secret that has long hung over my head. I'm afraid the clubs current predicament is entirely down to me. 

I attended many home games over the years with family since around 95, and having finished uni and finding proper full time employment in 07,  I could afford to get to games under my own steam. Fortunately for me this coincided with happy times under mon. Then, with a new season almost upon us, I took the dive and bought a season ticket more or less at the last minute. I sat in my seat for the first time in a home friendly against Valencia. I wanted to wave to the bespectacled Irishman, but I didn't see him.  

Days later he walked. It was all my fault. I had jinxed it. 

I kept my ST for 5 more seasons of pain, suffering, and torment. I'm sorry everyone :(

My story is the exact opposite. I was season ticket holder for many years up until O'Neil's final season, when financial reasons dictated that i not renew. A few weeks later MON walked and i missed those 5yrs of pain. I guess the football gods decided to cut me some slack. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone the deadlines for:-

Reserving your seat ?

and the discounted price ? - is this an early bird offer - will i 'miss ou't on the deductions free cup match  if I renew mid July ?

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Does anyone the deadlines for:-

Reserving your seat ?

and the discounted price ? - is this an early bird offer - will i 'miss ou't on the deductions free cup match  if I renew mid July ?

31st may i think i was told when i renewed. EDIT- that is to freeze the price for next season , best to phone

Edited by mattyvilla

Just now, mattyvilla said:

31st may i think i was told when i renewed

Looking on the website - the only offer that expires 31/5 is the frozen price for 2017/8.

If we do have VC new owners, that might not be a bad deal to bag - I imagine that the prices would increase sharply if we secure a swift return to the prem...

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Looking on the website - the only offer that expires 31/5 is the frozen price for 2017/8.

If we do have VC new owners, that might not be a bad deal to bag - I imagine that the prices would increase sharply if we secure a swift return to the prem...

You are correct just realised , but still well worth taking advantage of

Â