Season Tickets 2016/17

lmarsha_926

I won't be renewing after six pretty crap years of being a season ticket holder.  I made my decision over the Christmas holiday period and not because of today's announcement.  Partly down to costs, family reasons and general lack of entertainment. In fact I won't be making our last two home games and have already given my tickets away.  I will hugely miss attending but will pick and choose a few games to attend next season I'm sure. UTV

Mine goes from £510 to £500 a drop of £10 or 2%.

In return I get four extra games and five if we get a home cup draw.

So down from £26.84 a game to £21.74 at worst and £20.83 at best.

3% Villa cash is £15 - I'm not sure but I thought I got more than that last year.

And you know what, none of that matters, I'll renew anyway, and whether or not it's good value won't be about how much I paid for it, it'll be about what I end up watching.

Could be worse I guess, but I think they could have done more, especially for kids.

45 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

With the proposed changes to the ground next season following the ST announcement, I reckon the capacity at Villa Park will be the lowest it has ever had since it was built in 1897. Just about sums up the total lack of ambition our beloved 'custodian' has on Villa.

No chance

Are they doing something with the lower north re disabled seating?  First I have heard of it.

Removing the back 7 rows to make space for disabled fans to meet legal requirements

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No chance

Really? In Villa Park first season they had a crowd of 35,000 v Wolves, and by the following season they had a 42,000 versus Sheffield United. I believe capacity increased to the maximum of 76,000 in the post war years before steadily dropping to 48,000 pre Taylor Report, and post Taylor 39,000 before the new Trinity Road stand in 2000. By my calculations its going to be a close run thing.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Really? In Villa Park first season they had a crowd of 35,000 v Wolves, and by the following season they had a 42,000 versus Sheffield United. I believe capacity increased to the maximum of 76,000 in the post war years before steadily dropping to 48,000 pre Taylor Report, and post Taylor 39,000 before the new Trinity Road stand in 2000. By my calculations its going to be a close run thing.

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were talking about attendance, not capacity.

My bad,

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were talking about attendance, not capacity.

My bad,

No problem- though better to end the subject as it is really a ST thread!

As for season ticket sales it is surely going to have a nosedive unless some, or any, positive noises come from Villa.

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

How much will single match-day tickets on average compared to now? Probably going to go to about 10-15 games next season but not sure if it'd be worth getting a season ticket.

Later in the summer I think, that's what I'm interested in aswell.

If the club wants to attract some decent crowds next season they need to significantly reduce the walk up price imo, stuff like 42 quid needs to be abolished so that's one step with the Trinty upper being closed. 

I would probably pay double what they are asking if we were in the conference but I basically have no life

For those fans upset our prices seem very similar to borough for example.  I realize we are a poor cousin of that type of club but surely we can aspire to their kind? 

Have they said anything about opening up trinity upper on a game requirement basis?

It would be stupid to have it closed when we play blues for example at that would be a sell out. 

Or is that when the staff redundancies comes into play, can't be opened as no staff to run it? 

Disappointed that my ticket price hasn't shifted. I thought they would have gave some kind of reduction for existing season ticket holders.

Because of the amount of rubbish kick off times I wont be renewing, the price I think is still decent value for what you get but still think the principle of not getting any incentive is a kick in the teeth.

Had a quick look and Wolves will have only had 14 Saturday Home games , and Blues will only have had 12 by the end of the season, and that doesn't include however many early kick offs they have had.

Ill just pick and choose the games.

Â