Season Tickets 2016/17

lmarsha_926

Sad to say but for the first time in a few years I don't plan on renewing. Can't keep handing over £500 in the hope things will improve under the current regime. I can only see improvement if the club is sold, or we get a proper manager in who knows what is needed (Moyes for example).

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

i'm glad you could , renewal still not showing on my account

I just phoned them up, and finally a spot next to me was also free which I couldn't get him one before (so smuggled him in as an under 3).  He'll be 4 next season so a bit more difficult.

I'm sat in the cheapo wings of the holte lower, though it seems the under 8 ticket has gone up this year at £130.

• Like 1

Having had a season ticket for the last 9 years I am regrettably not renewing and will pick and choose my home/away games next season.   It will be absolutely gut wrenching to give up my seat though! My decision is partly down to finances, mid week games being an issue and at present I don't believe that I am being entertained/receiving value. Supporting the club is a lifelong even generational thing for people and I can still support the team from home like my dad now does.   I can't wait though to take my four year old son eventually in the hope of getting him hooked like I did all those years ago.

• Like 1

I live too far away and have too many family and work commitments for a season ticket to be of any value. My last game was Newcastle at home, after spending the best part of £150 on tickets, food and travel for me, my missus and daughter, I decided I wouldn't be going back for a while. It wasn't fun. 

Next season though will be a new experience, playing new teams with new fans and a chance we might win some games. If I was single and had loads of free time though I would most likely buy a season ticket, much as it's hard work watching Villa lately, I still rather be there than watch on TV/online. 

Edited by It's Your Round
No idea why my text gets bigger!

On 22/04/2016 at 10:19, avfcwills10 said:

That Man Utd game was really bad traffic because it was the day that a FedEx lorry crashed and the M6 was closed. I work in the city centre, left work at 5.30 that day and missed the first 5 minutes of the game. Never seen traffic like that ever.

Plus we will never get 40,000 until Lerner goes so at least traffic around Villa should be a lot lighter at 25,000 odd. 

Every cloud....

In an ideal world I'd like everyone to hold off renewing / buying season tickets until any takeover (if there is any) is done.

We've seen this a fair few times no at ticket renewal time from the club and we've still started the season with Lerner as owner.

Low numbers might force Lerners hands into accepting a slightly lower offer than he initially intended.

And if new new owners came in I have no doubt the sales would be through the roof withing seconds, easily surpassing anything we'll get if Lerner remains.

But I fully understand people wanting to renew early to get their preferred seats, price and all the bonuses that comes with it.

It's a though decision that since I live in Sweden I don't have to make.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Done. Season Ticket Holder for the first time ever.

It's going to be **** brilliant!*

*It won't will it?

50/50

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Done. Season Ticket Holder for the first time ever.

It's going to be **** brilliant!*

*It won't will it?

Congrats!

It will be **** brilliant if you take it for what it is, a day out with friends in the pub, whilst being distracted by 22 grown men kicking a ball around for 90 minutes.

If you're hoping it's going to be **** brilliant because of the football then....

200.gif

Sucker! ;)

• Like 1

I couldn't even convince my mates to get a ST in the MON years, I don't think it will happen next season :lol:

Even though I don't feel like giving Lerner any of my money, I'm more inclined to get a ST in the Championship than in the Premier League just because it will be more interesting.

At some point it will become a chore, probably a mid winter mid week game vs Rotherham which for some reason is on sky anyway

But at the same time when we get given 800 tickets to Rotherham away and you manage to get one and have one of the best days in your life you have to think that's what your season ticket bought you

I don't know how people who do 19 home games and nothing else do it, away games, cup games, cup finals...that's what season tickets get you

Still disappointed about the price of season tickets however if I can get one of the £325 ones I might be swayed with new owners, new manager, new players.  To be there at the re-birth of Aston Villa to put the last 5 years to bed and get excited about my club again.   

Please make it happen Hollis for me and thousands of other Villa fans that are waiting for that spark to be re-ignited.

Â