The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Mike I agree it was all down to him but I think it goes beyond a lack of nous on his part. If I am buying a business I know nothing about running myself then I get the best people I can in possible to oversee it. That doesn't take nous to come to that conclusion surely that is simply down to common sense.

The managers appointed are as a result of not having expertise/experience/those with a football background on the board. Many of those appointments would never have happened with the right people on the board/overseeing things.

It wasn't down to trying to do things on the cheap either. It is hard to get your head around us employing Tom Fox as CEO a position he had never held before and paying him 1.25 mill a year, the 6th highest in the division. If you are willing to pay that kind of money you can attract someone who has at least held the position before and was successful at it.

Mark, definition of nous; 1British informal; Common sense; practical intelligence:

We are saying the same thing :-)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He keeps all his money in a big brown bag.

I understand the talks went a little like this:

Money don't get everything it's true
What it don't get I can't use

Now give me money (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want) yeah
That's what I want....

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently his plan for Aston Villa is that when we get to the bottom we go back to the top (of the slide)

Sounds good if so, but tomorrow never knows

Drake involved in the consortium? :detect:

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Imagine the meltdown! 

Would be brilliant. 

Kanye walking onto the pitch mid game with a mike going: Hold on, hold on! Westwood had one of the best short passes ever, this ref doesn't care about Eric Black

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Kanye walking onto the pitch mid game with a mike going: Hold on, hold on! Westwood had one of the best short passes ever, this ref doesn't care about Eric Black

Yo Ashley. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but Bannan had one of the best 5 yard passes of all time.

Where's Con?!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, London Villa said:

I hate this thread. Drawn back to it time and time again knowing full well nothing good will come of it. 

just like the club eh?

• Like 1