The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

6 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/sir-alex-ferguson-says-aston-villa-moneyball-undermines-manager/

"There’s a lot of this Moneyball thing happening, Brentford, Brighton, Aston Villa, a lot of them are doing this thing and I’m not sure it’s the right way ahead,” said Ferguson.

Have Brighton and Brentford ever been higher than they currently are?

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Have Brighton and Brentford ever been higher than they currently are?

Probably not. 

The moneyball system has been villainised from many angles, especially older guard managers.

Just wondering if 'new owners' will have a traditional or progressive idea about the club. 

48 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/sir-alex-ferguson-says-aston-villa-moneyball-undermines-manager/

"There’s a lot of this Moneyball thing happening, Brentford, Brighton, Aston Villa, a lot of them are doing this thing and I’m not sure it’s the right way ahead,” said Ferguson.

'Just hire my old mate Mcleish again- I will right another letter to Randy'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Blue Nose Bruce in trying to sabotage Villa shocker!!

According to The Mirror, Hull City boss Steve Bruce has urged Nigel Pearson to keep Eric Black at Villa Park if he does end up taking the job.

Villa are on the hunt for a new manager after Remi Garde's departure in March, and unsurprisingly want somebody with Championship experience to lead the club out of the second tier.

With relegation to the Championship already confirmed for Villa, a manager who not only knows the division inside out but has also won promotion out of the division into the Premier League is also preferred - making Nigel Pearson the unsurprising favourite.

The Mirror report that Pearson - who won the Championship title with Leicester in 2014 and then kept the Foxes in the Premier League - has held a second round of talks with Villa about taking the job, and appears to be edging closer to taking the job, barring a late offer from his former club Middlesbrough.

An interesting note in the report is that Hull City manager Steve Bruce - who has been linked with the Villa job himself - has allegedly spoken to Pearson and given him a glowing recommendation on Eric Black.

Black is currently in interim charge of Villa, and worked as Bruce's assistant at both Birmingham City and Sunderland, meaning he knows the Scot inside out.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/27/report-steve-bruce-tells-pearson-to-have-eric-black-on-his-aston/?

oh crap wrong thread

Well hopefully Pearson won't see it in here then ;)

Alex "Carlos Quieroz assistant manager and signing an entire generation of foreign 16 yr olds ala Ronaldo, Nani, Pique, Anderson, Rossi, Pogba, Januzaj blah blah" Ferguson?

Piss off you hypocritical word removed

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit from from Fan Group and Board meeting on 23rd.

Steve Hollis said that, for obvious reasons, he could not go into details regarding a potential sale of the club. He stated that discussions are taking place.

The appointment of a new manager is dependent in part upon the outcome of those discussions, as are any new appointments to the club’s board following the resignations of David Bernstein and Lord Mervyn King.

http://tiny.cc/rjw3ay

Edited by villianusa
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How we could have done with Andy Carroll this season. 

Would have been no more use than Gestede. Nobody capable of putting crosses in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

the intelligence, skills and capabilities to actually do what they say

I agreed with your post, but I'd like to add that while the above would be nice, they're not strictly (IMO) necessary. If they don't possess all those things, they need to employ people who do. That is what's caused the current mess.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Nail on the head. Randy’s biggest failing wasn't his own lack of nous it is was failure to employ people who can make up for it. Had he have done so, given the level of investment he has put into the club, we would never have found ourselves in anything like this position. Such a waste.

Mark, I would argue that it was exactly because of 'his lack of nous'

1. Faulkner - appointing him as CEO despite having no experience at that level inside or outside football

2. Houllier - known health problems

3. McLeish  - Relegated SHA, hired by AVFC - disaster waiting to happen

4. The 'project' with Lambert - loads of money spent on low quality players

5. Fox - enough said

and so on....

• Like 1